Checkpoint NG

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2004 2:30:08 PM

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has created a VPN between a Watchguard SOHO 6tc
(6.3.2) and a Checkpoint NG VPN FP2. I have followed several documents but
no success. In the Checkpoint logs it shows the Keys have been exchanged but
has trouble encrypting and decrypting traffic. Any suggestion are welcome.

Regards,
Shane

More about : checkpoint

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 30, 2004 11:17:30 PM

"Shane Malden" <shane@nedlam.com> wrote in

> Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has created a VPN between a Watchguard
> SOHO 6tc (6.3.2) and a Checkpoint NG VPN FP2. I have followed several
> documents but no success. In the Checkpoint logs it shows the Keys
> have been exchanged but has trouble encrypting and decrypting traffic.
> Any suggestion are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Shane

post your specific rules relating to the vpn & also explain your
configuration (of the vpn) in more detail (ie. object info etc)

SysAdm
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 1, 2004 12:35:44 PM

"Shane Malden" <shane@nedlam.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has created a VPN between a Watchguard SOHO
6tc
> (6.3.2) and a Checkpoint NG VPN FP2. I have followed several documents but
> no success. In the Checkpoint logs it shows the Keys have been exchanged
but
> has trouble encrypting and decrypting traffic. Any suggestion are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Shane

Shane,

In your fw object, go to the vpn advanced tab, and try unchecking 'support
key exchange for subnets'.

Cheers,
Alvin Liau
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 1, 2004 9:08:27 PM

Alvin Liau (akl168@blahblah.yahoo.com) wrote:
: "Shane Malden" <shane@nedlam.com> wrote in message
: news:QCwEc.71298$sj4.29088@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
: > Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has created a VPN between a Watchguard SOHO
: 6tc
: > (6.3.2) and a Checkpoint NG VPN FP2. I have followed several documents but
: > no success. In the Checkpoint logs it shows the Keys have been exchanged
: but
: > has trouble encrypting and decrypting traffic. Any suggestion are welcome.
: >
: > Regards,
: > Shane
: >
: Shane,

: In your fw object, go to the vpn advanced tab, and try unchecking 'support
: key exchange for subnets'.

If his logs show that the tunnel is established then this is not the reason.

What do the logs show as the error. Also, are there any errors in the key
exchange dialog.

If the logs do show sucessful key exchange and creation of the tunnel make sure both
sides agree on the encryption rules of the policy. [i.e both you are using the same
encryption algorithm and data integrety scheme
!