Motorola T730C 1x instead of [A] or [D]?

Hi all

I am posting this message, as my old Motorola T730c got a little water
logged and I had to get a replacement. I was able to find one on eBay
for a good price. After doing an ESN change, so the new phonw would
work I noticed that, rather than standard [A] or [D] to indicate
analog or digital service I get a 1x instead. Can anyone tell me what
this means?

Thanks
Michael
5 answers Last reply
More about motorola t730c

    > analog or digital service I get a 1x instead. Can anyone tell me what
    > this means?

    1x (short for 1xrtt) is the newer standard of CDMA digital service
    released about 1-2 years ago. It's biggest impact is that it provides
    higher speed data 56kbps vs. 14.4kbps.

    It also has a different algorithm for encoding voice, which is why you
    are seeing it on your display. Verizon likes the new encoding because
    it uses half as much bandwith to deliver a converation, so they could
    squeeze more customers onto the same amount of spectrum. Your prior
    phone probably had older firmware and wasn't able to use the 1x signal.

    -MVL

    Thanks

    Just wondering, as my mom has the same phone, but hers does not show
    the !x.

    Thanks again
    Michael

    Please check the firmware version and post here?
    I'd be interested in what version you have.

    settings / other info / SW version

    Thanks!!

    mgrahm@trib.com writes:

    > Just wondering, as my mom has the same phone, but hers does not show
    > the !x.

    Your phone has a newer firmware version. Your mom's can be reflashed
    at a Verizon store.

    The older firmware supports 1XRTT as well, but did not indicate it.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

    > <mgrahm@trib.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I am posting this message, as my old Motorola T730c got a little water
    >> logged and I had to get a replacement. I was able to find one on eBay
    >> for a good price. After doing an ESN change, so the new phonw would
    >> work I noticed that, rather than standard [A] or [D] to indicate
    >> analog or digital service I get a 1x instead. Can anyone tell me what
    >> this means?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Michael

    Sounds like it's setup to run in data mode. Check your menu settings to
    reset to voice?

    Joe

Verizon Motorola Internet Service Providers