Pentium M Overclocking

wadeal

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2005
Hey
Ive been thinking lately about my next upgrade options and was aiming at changing my 2.8 p4 for a AMD system. But now Im thinking of changing to a Pentium M. After reading reviews of what this processor can do when overclocked (being able to keep up with or beat high end P4's) I imagined the performance one would get if using a watercooled overclocked as hell Pentium M. Has anybody else tried or had experience overclocking the Pentium M or can give me insight into the performance levels.

Yeah as i said im interested in performance and then price. Not at all worried about thermal specs or that stuff.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wadeal on 07/17/05 12:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I can't justify the expense. I've seen an article showing the Venice at 2.4GHz and 27W. That's nearly as low as the P-M, and much cheaper.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
i've got a 2.4m...sitting at stock speeds doing nothing...it's currently in a soyo desktop board...what can i do with it? Will it oc very far (ignore that it's in a soyo for the moment)?

F@H:
AMD: [64 3000+][2500+][2400+][2000+][1.3][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5 down][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time