Sign in with
Your question

Zalman CNPS7700 Size

Last response: in Overclocking
July 21, 2005 11:39:57 PM

Hi, I'm new to these forums, and I have a question regarding the Zalman CNPS7700.

I'm building a PC and I'm wondering if the Zalman CNPS7700 is right for me. I plan to use a Super Lanboy for a case, and an Asus A8V-E Deluxe (socket 939 along with an AMD Athlon 64 3700+) for the motherboard. Will the Zalman heatsink fit with this configuration? Or do I need to look for something smaller?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

More about : zalman cnps7700 size

July 21, 2005 11:54:58 PM

Thanks a bunch scottchen. I'll definetly check out that mobo too.
Related resources
July 23, 2005 10:00:05 PM

Actually, I do plan on overclocking. I've heard of the 3700 been pushed up to around to 2.6ghz at stock temp and voltage (Im not sure if it's plausible in my case), and I want a lot of bang for my buck. I plan on OCing the GPU and RAM as well, so I want as much cooling as possible to squeeze a little extra juice out of my components. I figure 3x120mm fans ought to be enough for a slight overclock (I don't want to go too crazy and drastically shorten the life of my CPU).

On another note, I can't find a feasible way to get the Epox mobo shipped to Canada (no Canadian retailers offer it for sale), so which motherboard should I go with? I was thinking about getting a DFI Lanparty UT Nf4-D, but I don't think the colour-scheme would look good- yellow silver and blue.. yuck.

Out of the motherboards available on www.canadacomputers.com, which should I go with? (all prices are CAD, and $160 is my limit)
July 23, 2005 10:18:22 PM

Oh you're in canada ehe... well then the Epox is only available at one place at rip off price, that's Genitech. I myself have that DFI board, and running at 300HT x3, it can handle x4 no problem, expect it doesn't do anything, just produce more heat. Well that DFI board is the best board at overclocking, your initial choice of Asus is total crap, oh wait Asus is total crap when it comes to overclocking period. So I do highly recommend the DFI board, even if you don't like its looks.

LOL stop temp... wtf is that?! If you want the best bang for your buck, get the 3800+ venice, those things hits 3.0Ghz fairly easily, with modest vcore increase. Recently built a watercooled computer for a neighbour with that chip, and it hit 3360mhz with 1.65Vcore
July 23, 2005 11:25:43 PM

Dang.... thats pretty awesome. I originally went with the 3700+ because of the 1mb l2 cache. Would the 3800 be a better idea with this whole setup (I know this post has spiraled into another territory of components, but I'm too lazy to post in the other areas :p )

As far as the mobo goes, I figure I can put some blue UV PCI and RAM slot covers to cover up the yellow, and maybe get some nice blue UV IDE and SATA cables.
July 23, 2005 11:54:47 PM

Hehe mod that any way you like, but the DFI board doesn't look bad.

The extra cache doesn't do much in most cases, it's equivalent to about 100-150mhz in clocks depending on apps. If i were you i'd go with pure frequency, get a 3800+, and aim for 3000mhz.
July 24, 2005 1:17:57 AM

Sounds good scott, thanks for all your help. My computer is going to rock! The only problem is that I'll be cursing its slow speed in 3 years :-(.
!