copy a game question= with ECDC 6

system1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003
the other day I bought mech warrior game and it has 2 cd's , one for installing the game and the other for playing it.
I wanted to make a copy of both cd's , with ECD creator 6 ,
and all went well with the cd 1 ( the install cd) I was able to burn it ,
but the cd 2 ( the playing cd) is a different story, first I've tried to copy it with the copy cd function and that gave me error on disk thing,
so I copied the cd files to a folder and then using ecdc data function to copy the files to cd, and that went well without any errors etc etc,
but when I tried to use the copyed cd to play the game , I get the pop up flag that tells me first to insert the cd 2 so I did that and I OK it,
but the game won't initialize at all, with the copied cd 2, it will only play with the original Mech warrior cd 2,
I've checked both cd's the original and the copyed one, and they look identical all the files are there !
So what gives here, my intention to copy cd 2 is purely for personal use just in case I scratch or damage the software 'cause of the continuous use of it,
I have Nero 6 as well ( not installed) would Nero do it, if yes how ( please explain) and if you can give a link to a site that can show\ tell me how to burn this damn thing correctly, thx

Nirvana is here and now, it's the mind that's elsewhere

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I recommend you go to this website. They have a dedicated forum to backing ups cd's. CDfreaks.com. Put it in a search engine and you should find it.

The reason why it doesn't work is because the play disc always has the protection on it.

What game are you trying to copy?

By the way don't bother with nero for backing up your CD's. You need Alchool 120%, Blindwrite and CDclone. If you have all of those packages you should be able to beat all forms of protection. The toughest is safedisc 2.9x.

Alternavley you could get a 'no CD Patch' from a games website or Kazaa. As long as the game installs you can get the no CD patch and run that way.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
By the way don't bother with nero for backing up your CD's. You need Alchool 120%, Blindwrite and CDclone. If you have all of those packages you should be able to beat all forms of protection. The toughest is safedisc 2.9x.

does this apply to dvd's and dvd burners as well?

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

system1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003
tdean thx for the info I got Alcoho 120% and cd clone, but what's no cd patch, is it a software? or....

system1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003
Jeant_uc thx but I like to know what's no cd patch

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
a no cd patch is a game executable that allows you to run a game with out the cd in. you can get em at gamecopyworld.com and gameburnworld.com (i think). just copy it into the games install folder and put a shortcut on your desktop. make sure you have the right version if youve done any patching/upgrading to your game though.

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
Their is also another way to overcome the copy protection. There is a software called Daemon's Tools that will create a virtual DVD drive on your system. So what you do (if all else fails) is that you copy the CD image on your hard drive and mount it on your virtual drive using Damon's. Then Daemon's tool will intercept all the CD checks and you will be able to play the game without NO-CD patch.

By the way, I found that using CloneCD in collaboration with ClonyXXL give good results for copying CDs

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies