After completing the game with only the tiny yellow gang area in Los Santos
to cover, there are apprently 3 other gang areas to be taken over but they
are not on the map. There is a yellow area over the boat school to the north
of San Fierro but I believe this is a glitch - I' aiming to completely take
over San Andreas. Thanks :)

Thomas Evans wrote:

> After completing the game with only the tiny yellow gang area in Los Santos
> to cover, there are apprently 3 other gang areas to be taken over but they
> are not on the map. There is a yellow area over the boat school to the north
> of San Fierro but I believe this is a glitch - I' aiming to completely take
> over San Andreas. Thanks :)

It isn't a glitch, it exists and is the easiest to take. I think I
noticed one down by the Nummnutz on san fiero
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

The hardest thing about taking that territory is finding gang members to
take it from.

Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
Thomas Evans wrote:

> After completing the game with only the tiny yellow gang area in Los
> Santos
> to cover, there are apprently 3 other gang areas to be taken over but they
> are not on the map. There is a yellow area over the boat school to the
> north
> of San Fierro but I believe this is a glitch - I' aiming to completely
> take
> over San Andreas. Thanks :)

It isn't a glitch, it exists and is the easiest to take. I think I
noticed one down by the Nummnutz on san fiero
--
Paul (That's what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Paul:
>I think I noticed one down by the Nummnutz on san fiero

Ah, that's probably the one that I haven't got.

Phil Hibbs.

Henry wrote:

> The hardest thing about taking that territory is finding gang members to
> take it from.

oh I dunno. I was taking on those guys with the yellow headbands up
some hills and somehow they got me in crossfire. They were hidden in
trees and behind fences and I got blown to pieces in seconds

--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

>Alot of success in Gang Wars is tactical use of the environment

I find that tactical use of a minigun works quite well.

Phil Hibbs.

Paul Heslop wrote:
> Henry wrote:
>>
>> The hardest thing about taking that territory is finding gang
>> members to take it from.
>>
> oh I dunno. I was taking on those guys with the yellow headbands up
> some hills and somehow they got me in crossfire. They were hidden in
> trees and behind fences and I got blown to pieces in seconds

Alot of success in Gang Wars is tactical use of the
environment........certainly having good cover and height advantage helps.
Probably why they are a piece of piss with jetpack.....you can quickly and
easily position yourself for max kill zones

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

M wrote:

> Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Henry wrote:
> >>
> >> The hardest thing about taking that territory is finding gang
> >> members to take it from.
> >>
> > oh I dunno. I was taking on those guys with the yellow headbands up
> > some hills and somehow they got me in crossfire. They were hidden in
> > trees and behind fences and I got blown to pieces in seconds
>
> Alot of success in Gang Wars is tactical use of the
> environment........certainly having good cover and height advantage helps.
> Probably why they are a piece of piss with jetpack.....you can quickly and
> easily position yourself for max kill zones

> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

you know, you just hit on something. I rarely go back for much after
the final real mission but do have a save which could easily do this,
and I've never thought about using the jetpack!
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Thanks, I've got that one now. I'm still trawling the map for two purple
spaces though, and they are simply not there! Quite frustrating. And yes,
finding gang members is on of the hardsrt things I find about taking
territory.

snarks@gmail.com wrote:

> >Alot of success in Gang Wars is tactical use of the environment
>
> I find that tactical use of a minigun works quite well.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

heh hehhhhhh
--

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:41:49 GMT, "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote:

>Paul Heslop wrote:
>> Henry wrote:
>>>
>>> The hardest thing about taking that territory is finding gang
>>> members to take it from.
>>>
>> oh I dunno. I was taking on those guys with the yellow headbands up
>> some hills and somehow they got me in crossfire. They were hidden in
>> trees and behind fences and I got blown to pieces in seconds
>
>Alot of success in Gang Wars is tactical use of the
>environment........certainly having good cover and height advantage helps.
>Probably why they are a piece of piss with jetpack.....you can quickly and
>easily position yourself for max kill zones

I loved doing that. Jetpack up to a roof, Molotovs...
Actually, being fire-proof, you can be behind a wall
crowded with gang members, the fire will go thru the wall.
Works well with 6-star fun as well. All sides, including above,
such as the overhead dock at the Santa Maria beach pier,
and the Big Ear tunnel bribe, by the Fort Carson safe house.
§ynch

"Luke §ynchronizer" wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:41:49 GMT, "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote:
>
> >Paul Heslop wrote:

> >> oh I dunno. I was taking on those guys with the yellow headbands up
> >> some hills and somehow they got me in crossfire. They were hidden in
> >> trees and behind fences and I got blown to pieces in seconds
> >
> >Alot of success in Gang Wars is tactical use of the
> >environment........certainly having good cover and height advantage helps.
> >Probably why they are a piece of piss with jetpack.....you can quickly and
> >easily position yourself for max kill zones
>
> I loved doing that. Jetpack up to a roof, Molotovs...
> Actually, being fire-proof, you can be behind a wall
> crowded with gang members, the fire will go thru the wall.
> Works well with 6-star fun as well. All sides, including above,
> such as the overhead dock at the Santa Maria beach pier,
> and the Big Ear tunnel bribe, by the Fort Carson safe house.
> §ynch

I'm ot fireproof. One mission I absolutely hate very much indeed is
the fire mission.
--

"Thomas Evans" <thomasevansphotography@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, I've got that one now. I'm still trawling the map for two purple
> spaces though, and they are simply not there! Quite frustrating.

As I recall, there's an extremely small one (just a one-block stretch of
sidewalk) somewhere along the northern edge of the city part of LS. (If I
were to guess, I'd say it's slightly west of Madd Dogg's place, along the
northern-most major street in LS. Perhaps one block south. Not sure. It's
just a thin little strip of color that runs east-west.)

--cleve

It turns out that my problem was the territory immediately to the south
of that one! It was coloured in very pale yellow.

Phil Hibbs.