Bootup Question

I am having no luck finding a solution. I just built a system with a Biostar
K8NHA Pro motherboard Nvidia chipset and during the bootup it only shows the
Biostar logo. Is there a way to view the bootup? I would like to see what is
going on. I do not see anything in the BIOS setup to disable the Biostar
splash screen.

The current BIOS Build date is 3-19-04. There is a bios update which I have
a link to, will this solve my problem? Or, will this leave me with a blank
screen during the bootup?

http://www.biostar.com.tw/support/bios/bios.php3?model=K8NHA%20Pro

Thanks
Mark
4 answers Last reply
More about bootup question

    Try pressing the TAB key.

    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > Try pressing the TAB key.

    Thanks Ed. That was the only key I didn't try. I saw what I wanted to see.

    Mark

    Mark,

    Just about any modern BIOS these days has a setup option to enable or disable
    "Silent" power-on self-test (POST). "Silent" usually displays a manufacturer's
    logo while the computer counts its memory, tests the floppy drive, etc.
    DIsabling the silent mode makes all these details visible during POST.

    .... Ben Myers

    > Mark,
    >
    > Just about any modern BIOS these days has a setup option to enable or
    disable
    > "Silent" power-on self-test (POST). "Silent" usually displays a
    manufacturer's
    > logo while the computer counts its memory, tests the floppy drive, etc.
    > DIsabling the silent mode makes all these details visible during POST.
    >
    > ... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:56:19 GMT, "MWB" <mark.bickford@verizon.net> wrote:
    >

    > >"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > >> Try pressing the TAB key.
    > >>

    > >Thanks Ed. That was the only key I didn't try. I saw what I wanted to
    see.

    > >Mark

    Ben, I tried that with no luck. I'll try it again. I probably forgot to save
    the setting or I did something stupid.I want to get this system up and
    running before I mess with a BIOS upgrade. I want to add another hard drive
    and CD burner today. This is the second one I've built and it is working
    fine so far. I go slowly. The first one I built I cut the end of my right
    ring finger off when I stuck it in the CPU fan. It knocked a blade off the
    fan which threw off the balance and it hurt. I learned... never put your
    hand in a computer when it is running.

    I try like hell to figure this stuff out myself. When I'm stumped I will
    post in other newsgroups dealing with that problem. In this case no one
    knew. I always come back to my old haunt and you and Ed and a few others
    have helped me and have always solved my problems.

    Thanks so much

    Mark

Gateway BIOS Computers