Sign in with
Your question
Solved

TV Resolution Issues w/ Connecting PC

Last response: in Windows 7
November 9, 2010 10:00:38 AM

My new computer is hooked up to my 37" Vizio TV via HDMI cable. The computer suggested screen resolution is 1280x720. It looks great!! The issue I'm having is when I switch from computer to TV inputs (HDMI1 and HDMI2) it works great and the TV displays fine. When I switch from TV to Computer the resolution reverts to 800x600 and I have to switch it back everytime. It's certainly not difficult to do but would be nice if it would keep the resolution setting.

In device manager (Windows7) the monitor is listed as a "Generic PnP monitor" and Vizio says they don't have a specific monitor driver for the TV.
I think this is why I'm having the issue as it's the only thing that seems incorrect in the setup I have... Any ideas
November 9, 2010 2:54:17 PM

The TV is a Vizio VX37L and your right the manual does say to hook a PC up using the RBG jack...Just loooking for a work around. I can live with it this way if I have to.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2010 3:21:17 PM

Use the D-sub connector and set to the resolution they recommend for best picture.
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2010 9:12:17 PM

The title of this topic has been edited by Buwish
m
l
November 9, 2010 10:33:39 PM

mhelm1 said:
Use the D-sub connector and set to the resolution they recommend for best picture.

Thanks.. I' do that.
m
l
November 20, 2010 9:38:00 AM

Best answer selected by jmnelson54.
m
l
!