Cooler Master..

yuppi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2005
I recently bought a Cooler Master Hyper 48 cooler. It's really nice, but I have one problem. It only runs on low speed because my motherboard is 3 pin adapter and the cooler is 4-Pin PWM.

Does anyone know if there is an adapter I can use to plug it into my powersupplies molex connector and where I can buy one?!

The cooler is great as it is on low speed.. I dropped my CPU temp by 23 degrees, but I want to turn it up to full speed!

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
The 4 pins are not the same as the 4 pins on a molex. It is for more advanced fan control functions and you will likely only be able to make use of it if you had a board that supported it.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

yuppi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I know they're not the same.. I already mentioned that in the original post.. that's why I asked if there's an adapter. Frozencpu.com says they will have one available, but didn't say when.

I just want to be able to use the CPU fan at it's highest speed.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yuppi on 08/11/05 06:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

yuppi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2005
Wow! I'm impressed. I emailed Cooler Master 20 mins ago about an adapter to connect to my power supply and they emailed me back already with an answer!

You can just take an extra wire and connect two pins together and the fan will run at full speed!