new rig don't know how to OC video card

Ampz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
I have a amd 64 3700+ running at 2.548ghz or so. my vid card is a gforce 6800 ultra agp8x. Where would i start when it comes to overclocking video card? I got a little the jist of OCing the cpu and its running fine but i have no clue how to OC video. thanks in advance

t33lo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
Is Rivatuner better than the Coolbits that I use for my GTX?

<i>I pretend to know what I'm talking about.</i>

Ampz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
Ok well I went to OC my video card. If I set the core clock one notch higher then stock it wont accept the test it will say not supported. What I then did was raised the memory clock to as high as it could go while accepting the test then I saved etc. everythign ran fine for a while then I froze up when playing a game rebooted got back to desktop and got windows has encountered a serious error. I checked the info and there was 2 files involved, something minidump etc. I tried to get on the internet and it instantly told me no, i knew it wasnt my inet down, did ipconfig and wasnt finding a nic, went to hardware device manager and my NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator driver was gone, my video card driver was gone, Then I tried to install my vid card driver again it told me cant install driver for hardware that is not found on your comp, i thought i fried my vid card. I installed my MB drivers again and rebooted when I got back to desktop it found my vid card, I installed drivers for it and its working perfectly again. Does anyone know what happened? lol Also how do I use rivatuner? I know the memory clock is more important to OC then the gpu but how far do I go with it? Is that all i have to do to sucessfully OC my card is to raise the memory clock? What other opinions can you guys give me? Also whats a good prog to monitor my vid card temp? Thanks in advance for reading my huge crappy story ^^