How to successfully steal the CargoBob from the restricted..

Every time I try, the SAMs make mincemeat out of me. Is there a way to
turn the SAMs off as in the mission where you steal the jetpack? There
should be a way to do that.

Are there SAMS at the military fuel depot as well? There's a Cargobob
there as well, no?
6 answers Last reply
More about successfully steal cargobob restricted

    On 5 Apr 2005 20:03:07 -0700, "Papageno" <papageno@easystreet.com>
    wrote:

    >Every time I try, the SAMs make mincemeat out of me. Is there a way to
    >turn the SAMs off as in the mission where you steal the jetpack? There
    >should be a way to do that.
    >
    >Are there SAMS at the military fuel depot as well? There's a Cargobob
    >there as well, no?

    You can get the Cargobob from K.A.C.C. anytime after the mission
    'Up,up, and away"...you just have to get in there ...gates are locked,
    so use the jetpack or another helicopter....

    Haven't found a way to turn the SAM's off, after "Black Project".

    I think I've seen the control room, in the Underworld.
    The problem there is, I got into the compound from the Underworld,
    there is just no way to get out. There's a few weird rooms, and the
    silo still has a jetpack, and the mini-gun still spawns there.
    §ynch

    Papageno schrieb:
    > Every time I try, the SAMs make mincemeat out of me. Is there a way to
    > turn the SAMs off as in the mission where you steal the jetpack? There
    > should be a way to do that.

    You mean "up, up and away"? Shoot the everyone and the SAMs
    should not worry you anymore.

    CU, Venty

    In message <1112756587.258824.27550@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>
    "Papageno" <papageno@easystreet.com> wrote:

    > Every time I try, the SAMs make mincemeat out of me. Is there a way to
    > turn the SAMs off as in the mission where you steal the jetpack? There
    > should be a way to do that.

    I found this by accident, it's possible to destroy the SAM launchers
    using any kind of explosives. Satchel charges, molotovs, grenades,
    rockets and projectiles from the Rhino, Hydra and Hunter blow them up.
    They respawn, like all other statics in the game (Lamp posts, fire
    hydrants, other street furniture) when you exit and re-enter the area.

    The easiest thing to do is to destroy only the SAM launcher that's just
    north of where you find the Cargobob, as the others are too far away to
    stay destroyed. After jacking the chopper, simply fly low to the north.
    When you get a little near the airstrip it's safe to fly higher as
    you'll be out of range from the SAM launchers you didn't destroy.

    > Are there SAMS at the military fuel depot as well? There's a Cargobob
    > there as well, no?

    I didn't see any, but the wanted level you get seems to be a bit hit
    and miss. You need a military vehicle to get inside but the guards
    sometimes don't spawn at the gate. You can also use a humble Patriot to
    get inside, which is handy as they often appear on the road nearby.

    On a side note, has anybody else had fun blowing police helicopters out
    of the sky using the turret on the Rhino?

    Cheers,
    Rob

    "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > In message <1112756587.258824.27550@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>
    > "Papageno" <papageno@easystreet.com> wrote:
    >
    > On a side note, has anybody else had fun blowing police helicopters out
    > of the sky using the turret on the Rhino?

    I haven't had a lot of success with that, but, yeah, I've have done it.

    One of my favorite ways to destroy copters involves the Hunter Quarry. I've
    posted this before, but here's a condensed version. After you've finished
    the quarry missions, one of those monster dump trucks spawns there (I call
    it the Big Dump), right where the magnet crane can grab it. Get 3-star
    trouble to summon the copters, then enter the crane. Pick up the Big Dump
    and use it to bat the copters around. (Sling it sideways against them;
    lower it on them; etc.) At first, it seems rather awkward, but, once you
    get used to the controls, it gets fun. The Big Dump will blow eventually,
    but another will spawn.

    --cleve
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <lAV4e.29926$v26.8320@fed1read06>
    "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

    > One of my favorite ways to destroy copters involves the Hunter Quarry.

    Brilliant! Have you tried using a Rhino tank on this? I've never really
    experimented with that crane (Just the I/E Crane in SF), so this could
    prolong the life of GTA:SA before it finally comes out of the PS2 for
    the first time in three months :o)

    Cheers,
    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > In message <lAV4e.29926$v26.8320@fed1read06>
    > "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:
    >
    >> One of my favorite ways to destroy copters involves the Hunter Quarry.
    >
    > Brilliant! Have you tried using a Rhino tank on this? I've never really
    > experimented with that crane (Just the I/E Crane in SF), so this could
    > prolong the life of GTA:SA before it finally comes out of the PS2 for
    > the first time in three months :o)

    Haven't tried hanging a tank from the crane. Yeah, it would undoubtedly
    last longer, and maybe blow the copters instantly like it does when you
    drive one and hit cars. That's an idea.

    --cleve

Games Video Games