Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Sygate Pro 2577 upgrade installer corrupted?

Tags:
  • Firewalls
  • Installer
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
July 1, 2004 7:37:56 PM

I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the
new version to install. The file is in a Windows
installer format, pspf.msi, and when I click on
it, it gets about 30 seconds into the process, and
my computer reboots with a Stop error. I have
tried this several times, and it does this every
time. The first time that I tried, it lost all of
my applications listed, but didn't do so with the
subsequent crashes. I don't think that it's a
problem with the installer service as others I've
downloaded previously don't do this, only the
build 2577 update does. Has anyone else who uses
Sygate Pro tried to upgrade and gotten this or
other problems trying to install it?

More about : sygate pro 2577 upgrade installer corrupted

July 2, 2004 3:51:56 AM

In article <f7cb1dc0.0407011437.5741b05@posting.google.com>, jv009wc02@sneakemail.com says...
> I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the
> new version to install. The file is in a Windows
> installer format, pspf.msi, and when I click on
> it, it gets about 30 seconds into the process, and
> my computer reboots with a Stop error. I have
> tried this several times, and it does this every
> time. The first time that I tried, it lost all of
> my applications listed, but didn't do so with the
> subsequent crashes. I don't think that it's a
> problem with the installer service as others I've
> downloaded previously don't do this, only the
> build 2577 update does. Has anyone else who uses
> Sygate Pro tried to upgrade and gotten this or
> other problems trying to install it?

I had no problems upgrading from 2525 to 2577.
I just checked the upgrade file. It was pspf.exe for my Win98
system. There must be different versions for different
OS. Take a look at:
http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php
There is one version for NT, 98,and 95.
Another version for XP, 2000, and ME.
Could that be the problem?
Casey
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 10:00:35 AM

Installed for me OK (WINXP Pro). Try it in Safe Mode, usually works.

On 1 Jul 2004 15:37:56 -0700, jv009wc02@sneakemail.com (Jeffrey Morse)
wrote:

>I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the
>new version to install. The file is in a Windows
>installer format, pspf.msi, and when I click on
>it, it gets about 30 seconds into the process, and
>my computer reboots with a Stop error. I have
>tried this several times, and it does this every
>time. The first time that I tried, it lost all of
>my applications listed, but didn't do so with the
>subsequent crashes. I don't think that it's a
>problem with the installer service as others I've
>downloaded previously don't do this, only the
>build 2577 update does. Has anyone else who uses
>Sygate Pro tried to upgrade and gotten this or
>other problems trying to install it?
Related resources
July 2, 2004 9:28:38 PM

Morse) wrote:

>I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the
>new version to install. The file is in a Windows
>installer format, pspf.msi, and when I click on
>it, it gets about 30 seconds into the process, and
>my computer reboots with a Stop error. I have
>tried this several times, and it does this every
>time. The first time that I tried, it lost all of
>my applications listed, but didn't do so with the
>subsequent crashes. I don't think that it's a
>problem with the installer service as others I've
>downloaded previously don't do this, only the
>build 2577 update does. Has anyone else who uses
>Sygate Pro tried to upgrade and gotten this or
>other problems trying to install it?

It may be pure coincidence but yesterday I upgraded to V5.5 Build
2577, Sig File 1.0.1.039, Profile format No. 3.5.8 on my XP Pro
system using pspf.msi and I had problems.

When I attempted to re-boot the system it got about 90% of the way
through and then snapped into "Restart". I tried booting several
times without success.

I restored my latest, very recent, image of C: and happily all seems
to be well. When I have got "those things that have to be done" out
of the way I will try to upgrade again and see what happens.

Peter
July 3, 2004 1:25:27 PM

Morse) wrote:

>I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the
>new version to install. The file is in a Windows
>installer format, pspf.msi, and when I click on
>it, it gets about 30 seconds into the process, and
>my computer reboots with a Stop error. I have
>tried this several times, and it does this every
>time. The first time that I tried, it lost all of
>my applications listed, but didn't do so with the
>subsequent crashes. I don't think that it's a
>problem with the installer service as others I've
>downloaded previously don't do this, only the
>build 2577 update does. Has anyone else who uses
>Sygate Pro tried to upgrade and gotten this or
>other problems trying to install it?

Following on my "Coincidence" posting. I have just upgraded to V5.5
Build 2577 without any apparent hitch. If all stays stable for an
hour or so I will mutter apologies to Sygate for doubting the
reliability of the current upgrade file!

Peter
July 11, 2004 8:17:41 PM

have also installed 2577 over older version (winXP

version)

all is well except when checking for a signature file

update (ver 1.0.1053 at present)

"cannot make contact with sygate update,

something, something, something?!

stu

"Jeffrey Morse" <jv009wc02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> I am having a lot of trouble trying to get the
> new version to install. The file is in a Windows
> installer format, pspf.msi, and when I click on
> it, it gets about 30 seconds into the process, and
> my computer reboots with a Stop error. I have
> tried this several times, and it does this every
> time. The first time that I tried, it lost all of
> my applications listed, but didn't do so with the
> subsequent crashes. I don't think that it's a
> problem with the installer service as others I've
> downloaded previously don't do this, only the
> build 2577 update does. Has anyone else who uses
> Sygate Pro tried to upgrade and gotten this or
> other problems trying to install it?
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 8:17:42 PM

In article <7MSdnRNAlI7pM2zdRVn-jg@comcast.com>, stugotzo@hotmail.com
says...

> have also installed 2577 over older version (winXP
>
> version)
>
> all is well except when checking for a signature file
>
> update (ver 1.0.1053 at present)
>
> "cannot make contact with sygate update,
>
> something, something, something?!

Apparently there's something wrong with their server at the moment
because I'm having the same problem as well, as are several others..

--
Kerodo
July 13, 2004 3:50:04 AM

In article <MPG.1b5b52fde3baca989896a4@news.west.cox.net>, kerodonospamkenny@hotmail.com says...
> In article <7MSdnRNAlI7pM2zdRVn-jg@comcast.com>, stugotzo@hotmail.com
> says...
> >
> > have also installed 2577 over older version (winXP
> >
> > version)
> >
> > all is well except when checking for a signature file
> >
> > update (ver 1.0.1053 at present)
> >
> > "cannot make contact with sygate update,
> >
> > something, something, something?!
> >

> Apparently there's something wrong with their server at the moment
> because I'm having the same problem as well, as are several others..

The Sygate server must be working again! I just D/Led new
signature file 5.5.3022.
Casey
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 3:50:05 AM

In article <MPG.1b5cdf4fdd79d188989754@news.west.earthlink.net>,
casey@nosuch.net says...
> In article <MPG.1b5b52fde3baca989896a4@news.west.cox.net>, kerodonospamkenny@hotmail.com says...
> > In article <7MSdnRNAlI7pM2zdRVn-jg@comcast.com>, stugotzo@hotmail.com
> > says...
> > >
> > > have also installed 2577 over older version (winXP
> > >
> > > version)
> > >
> > > all is well except when checking for a signature file
> > >
> > > update (ver 1.0.1053 at present)
> > >
> > > "cannot make contact with sygate update,
> > >
> > > something, something, something?!
> > >

> > Apparently there's something wrong with their server at the moment
> > because I'm having the same problem as well, as are several others..
> >

> The Sygate server must be working again! I just D/Led new
> signature file 5.5.3022.
> Casey

Yep, same here.. Thanks for the notice...

--
Kerodo