Spicket water for my setup?

Ampz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
Can I use spicket water to add water to my setup? I installed everything and it came with a 2oz bottle of the green cooler liquid stuff and I added that with 1L of distilled water I had and I had no bubbles etc. Now I had to move the setup to get the rad off the back of the case because the GC vent was blowing hot air right into the rad and I had to add about a foot in tubing. Now I get bubbles and I don't think enough water is in the system. Can I add regular tap water to it? Thanks!

Tap water will not be pure, and could cause damage over long term.

Distilled / de ionsed water is best, if you must use tap water biol it to kill any bacteria

ATM I'm using tap water

Ampz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
Can I add the car coolant in with the green stuff that came with the setup? It would be much easier for me to do. The mixture in there is perfect now but I added tubing, I can go buy water from the store the good stuff and can i just mix that with some car coolent and add that to my system to take out the air? Or would I HAVE to drain everything 1st?

No you can just top it up.

Take some pics of this rig / cooling please, I'm curious to see what we have created here! :lol:

Ampz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
Taking pictures now, Umm top it off? I didn't understand that lol. Thanks for your reply. I'll get u those pics in about 5 mins can you please lemme know what top it off means in the mean time? hehe.

Ampz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
Hrmm this is very weird, I installed speedfan and my temp is idle at 32C cpu (after I added more boiled water with the correct car coolent mixture) When I run prime95 as soon as the cpu hits 100% usage it jumps to 48C immediatly, how is this possible? My guru panel also displays 32C idle and then jumps right away to 48C when prime gets my cpu to 100% load. Could there be too much water/coolant in the loop? I filled it up pretty well I really dont konw what is happening. Maybe it's incorrect data from the panel I don't know.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
nope its just your cooling setup, when its idle the cpu does nothing but when its loaded billions of things are happeneing (hence becoming hotter and temperature raising).

(\__/)!!!!!!!!!!/---1 ===
(='.'=)!![----/-----1---]====
(")_(")!![-{+}------{+}]===== ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! (yes those are spinny rims)

No mine does it too, water is so good as soon as you stop the full load program the CPU will drop VERY quickly.

(\__/)
(='.'=) <A HREF="http://snipurl.com/fxwr" target="_new">Welcome to the House of Horrors, welcome to the House of a 1000 Corpses</A>
(")_(")