Get anyone's cellphone records....

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 9, 2005 11:27:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

http://locatecell.com/gpage.html
You're not safe at all.............

Washington Post investigates:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...
701862.html

It's on Slashdot this morning:
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/08/2223234

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844
Email: help@continentalwarranty.com
Read about them here:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=92243&view=prin...

More about : cellphone records

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 2:34:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

WTF!!!! ???

I thought it was difficult even for the police to get access to cell phone
records.

"Larry" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> http://locatecell.com/gpage.html
> You're not safe at all.............
>
> Washington Post investigates:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20...
> 701862.html
>
> It's on Slashdot this morning:
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/08/2223234
>
> --
> Larry
>
> This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
> Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
> 24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
> Malibu California 90265
> 888-244-0925
> Fax: 310-456-8844
> Email: help@continentalwarranty.com
> Read about them here:
> http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=92243&view=prin...
July 9, 2005 4:11:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

> I thought it was difficult even for the police to get access to cell phone
> records.

It's difficult for the police because they have to do it legally. The crooks
don't.

-Frank
July 9, 2005 5:57:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

In article <Xns968E4C42A4168noone@63.223.7.253>, Larry <noone@home.com>
wrote:

> It's on Slashdot this morning:
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/08/2223234

From the Slashdot post:

"The data is obtained by either bribing phone company employees, or
'pretexting', or accessing unregistered customer accounts online."

From the WashPost:

"If the person seeking the records can figure out how to activate online
account management in the name of a real customer before that customer
does, the call records are there for the taking."

So I would say it's a good idea to activate online account management.

m-m
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 5:58:00 PM

M-M wrote:

> In article <Xns968E4C42A4168noone@63.223.7.253>, Larry <noone@home.com>
> wrote:
>
> > It's on Slashdot this morning:
> > http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/08/2223234
>
> From the Slashdot post:
>
> "The data is obtained by either bribing phone company employees, or
> 'pretexting', or accessing unregistered customer accounts online."
>
> From the WashPost:
>
> "If the person seeking the records can figure out how to activate online
> account management in the name of a real customer before that customer
> does, the call records are there for the taking."
>
> So I would say it's a good idea to activate online account management.

Don't most customers have access to online account management, automatically?

Notan
July 9, 2005 5:58:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

> Don't most customers have access to online account
> management, automatically?
>
> Notan

Yes, but I think you missed the point. The point is that the providers set
up the account to be ready to activate by the user. Most users never
activate them. If another person works on it hard enough, he can activate
someone else's account before they do it themselves, if ever(initial setup
of userID/Password, etc.). Thereby gaining access to all his phone records.

-Frank
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 5:58:02 PM

Frankster wrote:

> > Don't most customers have access to online account
> > management, automatically?
> >
> > Notan
>
> Yes, but I think you missed the point. The point is that the providers set
> up the account to be ready to activate by the user. Most users never
> activate them. If another person works on it hard enough, he can activate
> someone else's account before they do it themselves, if ever(initial setup
> of userID/Password, etc.). Thereby gaining access to all his phone records.

I guess I assumed (I ASS... I know! <g>) that everyone accessed their account,
at some time or another.

Now that you brought it to my attention, and I think about it, I realize that
most people probably dont!

Notan
July 9, 2005 8:40:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in

> I thought it was difficult even for the police to get access to cell
> phone records.

Apparently, all you need is money....(sigh)

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844
Email: help@continentalwarranty.com
Read about them here:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=92243&view=prin...
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 11:46:30 PM

Notan wrote:
> Frankster wrote:
>>
>>> Don't most customers have access to online account
>>> management, automatically?
>>>
>>> Notan
>>
>> Yes, but I think you missed the point. The point is that
>> the providers set up the account to be ready to activate
>> by the user. Most users never activate them. If another
>> person works on it hard enough, he can activate someone
>> else's account before they do it themselves, if
>> ever(initial setup of userID/Password, etc.). Thereby
>> gaining access to all his phone records.
>
> I guess I assumed (I ASS... I know! <g>) that everyone
> accessed their account, at some time or another.
>
> Now that you brought it to my attention, and I think
> about it, I realize that most people probably dont!

More than likely the GREAT majority don't.

-Quick
July 9, 2005 11:46:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in

> More than likely the GREAT majority don't.
>
> -Quick

When I dumped Verizon for Alltel, I asked Alltel to lock out access to any
internet accounting. It won't take any username/password and tells my my
account has been locked out....same as all my credit cards.

--
Larry

This jerk called my cellphone and was nasty.
Continental Warranty -- MCG Enterprises -- Mepco-
24955 Pacific Coast HWY Suite C303
Malibu California 90265
888-244-0925
Fax: 310-456-8844
Email: help@continentalwarranty.com
Read about them here:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=92243&view=prin...
July 10, 2005 12:16:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

Exactly.
"Frankster" <Frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message
>> I thought it was difficult even for the police to get access to cell
>> phone records.
>
> It's difficult for the police because they have to do it legally. The
> crooks don't.
>
> -Frank

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 12:35:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.alltel,alt.cellular (More info?)

Not to mention, The Police don't have a "profit incentive".

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

!