v710 vs e815 - help please

Last response: in Network Providers
July 9, 2005 9:09:13 AM

I bought a V710 about 5 days ago. My only use for bluetooth is to pair
with my car (2005 Audi). I don't use a headset. Works great in the
car, except I can't put the phonebook in the car.

Now Verizon introduces the new E815. Very technically speaking
(please), is there any reason for me to return the V710 for the E815?
I use a phone ONLY for talking - cameras and VCast don't interest me.
I bought the V710 only because of the ability to use it in the car.

I am very impressed with the rf reception of the 710. I previously
used a V60 for about 3 years, and I always thought that it had superior
reception, but the 710 is definitely better.

Bottom line: what are the differences between the 710 and the 815; I
would assume the 815 is a 710 upgrade. True? I understand that I lose
analog if I switch, but I really don't use it anyway. (I'm on Long
Island with very good digital coverage). What are the upgrades? If
analog is not too important to me, should I switch before the 15 day
period expires? Are there any known glitches in the new E815? Does
anyone have any knowledge of it's RF capability?

Thanks very much. Jeff

More about : v710 e815

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 6:57:23 PM

On 9 Jul 2005 05:09:13 -0700, zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:

>I bought a V710 about 5 days ago. My only use for bluetooth is to pair
>with my car (2005 Audi). I don't use a headset. Works great in the
>car, except I can't put the phonebook in the car.
>
>Now Verizon introduces the new E815. Very technically speaking
>(please), is there any reason for me to return the V710 for the E815?
>I use a phone ONLY for talking - cameras and VCast don't interest me.
>I bought the V710 only because of the ability to use it in the car.
>
>I am very impressed with the rf reception of the 710. I previously
>used a V60 for about 3 years, and I always thought that it had superior
>reception, but the 710 is definitely better.
>
>Bottom line: what are the differences between the 710 and the 815; I
>would assume the 815 is a 710 upgrade. True? I understand that I lose
>analog if I switch, but I really don't use it anyway. (I'm on Long
>Island with very good digital coverage). What are the upgrades? If
>analog is not too important to me, should I switch before the 15 day
>period expires? Are there any known glitches in the new E815? Does
>anyone have any knowledge of it's RF capability?
>
>Thanks very much. Jeff

I have the 710 and am very happy with it. I have played with the 815
in a store and most of the features appear to be the same. The 815 is
all digital and EVDO capable while the 710 is tri mode and not EVDO.

I like the fact that the 710 is tri mode even though on LI you may
never need it. I livee there as well and have never used analog. After
looking at the 815 I don't feel the need to upgrade.

Here is a site with helpful information on cell phones.
Look at the Verizon Phone Discussion/Motorola thread at the top for
more user comments on the the 710 and 815

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Unless you feel the need to have the latest phone issue, IMHO you
should keep the 710 if you are happy with it
!