v710 vs e815 - help please

I bought a V710 about 5 days ago. My only use for bluetooth is to pair
with my car (2005 Audi). I don't use a headset. Works great in the
car, except I can't put the phonebook in the car.

Now Verizon introduces the new E815. Very technically speaking
(please), is there any reason for me to return the V710 for the E815?
I use a phone ONLY for talking - cameras and VCast don't interest me.
I bought the V710 only because of the ability to use it in the car.

I am very impressed with the rf reception of the 710. I previously
used a V60 for about 3 years, and I always thought that it had superior
reception, but the 710 is definitely better.

Bottom line: what are the differences between the 710 and the 815; I
would assume the 815 is a 710 upgrade. True? I understand that I lose
analog if I switch, but I really don't use it anyway. (I'm on Long
Island with very good digital coverage). What are the upgrades? If
analog is not too important to me, should I switch before the 15 day
period expires? Are there any known glitches in the new E815? Does
anyone have any knowledge of it's RF capability?

Thanks very much. Jeff
1 answer Last reply
More about v710 e815 please

    On 9 Jul 2005 05:09:13 -0700, zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I bought a V710 about 5 days ago. My only use for bluetooth is to pair
    >with my car (2005 Audi). I don't use a headset. Works great in the
    >car, except I can't put the phonebook in the car.
    >
    >Now Verizon introduces the new E815. Very technically speaking
    >(please), is there any reason for me to return the V710 for the E815?
    >I use a phone ONLY for talking - cameras and VCast don't interest me.
    >I bought the V710 only because of the ability to use it in the car.
    >
    >I am very impressed with the rf reception of the 710. I previously
    >used a V60 for about 3 years, and I always thought that it had superior
    >reception, but the 710 is definitely better.
    >
    >Bottom line: what are the differences between the 710 and the 815; I
    >would assume the 815 is a 710 upgrade. True? I understand that I lose
    >analog if I switch, but I really don't use it anyway. (I'm on Long
    >Island with very good digital coverage). What are the upgrades? If
    >analog is not too important to me, should I switch before the 15 day
    >period expires? Are there any known glitches in the new E815? Does
    >anyone have any knowledge of it's RF capability?
    >
    >Thanks very much. Jeff

    I have the 710 and am very happy with it. I have played with the 815
    in a store and most of the features appear to be the same. The 815 is
    all digital and EVDO capable while the 710 is tri mode and not EVDO.

    I like the fact that the 710 is tri mode even though on LI you may
    never need it. I livee there as well and have never used analog. After
    looking at the 815 I don't feel the need to upgrade.

    Here is a site with helpful information on cell phones.
    Look at the Verizon Phone Discussion/Motorola thread at the top for
    more user comments on the the 710 and 815

    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

    Unless you feel the need to have the latest phone issue, IMHO you
    should keep the 710 if you are happy with it

Verizon Internet Service Providers