custom water cooling, can this work?

kopykat

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2004
Hi,
I was thinking,in my work den i have a mini-bar (a small fridge). What if I would place lets say a 2 litre bottle of water in there (the fridge is pretty good, keeps a very surprising low temp) and perhaps drill a hole to let 2 tubes pop out (one for in and one for out) and pump it to a cpu block, would this be a good water cooling system in your opinion?
i think itll be great, but i am just uncertain regarding weather how much power does the pump have, the fridge is very close to the computer. what should be my max limits on distance?

Asus P4800 Deluxe - 3.0C - 4X256MB corsair twinx - 6800GT 256mb - sata w/8mb 160gb - 120gb w/8mb - Thermaltake purepower 480w - Thermaltake XaserIII

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
okay, if you want to make a waterchiller, STAY AWAY FROM MINIFRIDGES. fridges, and not to say mini ones keep things cool and make them stay that way. they are not designed for a constant load on them. if you do that, what u'll see is just rising temps until

a) your comptuer fry's
b) your fridge frys, then you computer will follow

what IS a good chiller, is using an Air Conditioning unit. take that apart, dip the evap in your res, and run it that way

<font color=red>gforce mx100/200 @ 230/440 =]</font color=red>