Glenn Beck vs Colbert

5 consecutive posts as a reply.

At least you didn't leave the letter c out of any of your words.

C as in Czar.

I actually downloaded about 30 mins of one of his rants and thought:

1. Bigot ... then "bigot" again just to make sure;
2. Poorly educated and inarticulate;
3. Narcissistic;
4. Racist;
5. Hate monger
6. Morally corrupt (He was a druggy who ditched his first wife and kids).

If he is the prophet then he is the prophet of doom and he is not welcome in my home.

He is not a good christian.

Sure he is rich.

He got rich riding on the backs of the poor fools who listen to him.

Please defend the guy who talks about nazis so much you have to think ... hmmm ??

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just wanted to pop by and say "I love you guys". No matter how crappy a Monday morning may be, dropping in on one of these threads always brings a smile to my face.

GB....what a douche. I am not sure who's entertainment value is worse, his or Rush's. Regardless, they do know how to stir up muck and get folks talking.

Funny how both GB and Rush claim to be all about "free enterprise". I wonder how they see it now based on their personal situations......

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Good luck with getting GB to focus on anything meaningful.....Now that would be an accomplishment!

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Not really, if you don't like the sound "bite-ology" via the news (including when the President talks) then the "off" button works for him as well. And, then there is the ultimate "off" button of the election cycle.

Like him, or not, but President Obama is the elected leader of the United States of America. I am pretty sure he has an obligation to speak out on the issues of the Nation when he needs/wants to.

Vote with your conscience.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

The same can be said of each of President Obama's predecessors. What you are saying is true in the context of the office and the power/responsibility it holds.

However, there is an "off button" called an election.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Fascinating how you can blame the presidents for the actions the IRS takes, like he has time to go down there and tell them to audit Glenn Beck. Also you somehow think that he was involved in planning of the FBI/ATF sting operations with the Mexican drug cartels? You are making him a scapegoat for everything you dislike! Don't you know see that this kind of thinking solves nothing?

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I don't know about you OMG, but I am able to maintain multiple threads of thought about different matters, just because I post a video about GB being an actor and having no real insight into political matters, doesn't mean that I am "duped" from real world issues.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

GB really has a hold on you doesn't he? The truth shall set your free my friend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/us/politics/operation-fast-and-furious-report-by-democrats-clears-obama-administration.html

riser

Illustrious
Uh, so Democrats say their Democrat leader isn't responsible for the action? Then who is responsible? Generally, it goes up the chain until it reaches a point. Either that point is Holder or Obama.
Which will you have?

Do you recall under Bush how "Scooter" Libbey went to prison? A top aide, how others were targeted and how big of a deal it was? Obama has tried many tricks to enforce more gun laws, from forcing the military to shred the brass so it could not be sold on the free market to US citizens, to sending 'assault' rifles off to drug cartels.

Firearms are ingrained in the American blood. Obama will not win re-election and for that I am very, very thankful.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I would be willing to place a small bet (real or virtual) that President Obama will have a second term. Seriously, have you listened to the 4 Republican candidates? None of them have any viable chance of being elected in a gernal election.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Educate me? Really?

It really doesn't matter what I link, you find some ridiculous reason to dispute it, its too short, its from the media, its taken out of context, its too old and my personal favorite, just ignoring anything in the link and responding like it was never posted. At least I look at the links you post and comment on the actual topics.

Instead of imposing flaws on me like my ignorance, or the need to be educated, since I am apparently far to simple to understand your incredibly complex conspiracy theories and rationalizations, why don't you just concentrate on your arguments? Please try to make them reasonable and base them on facts and reason. Your previous post would be a good one to look at as an example of the exact opposite.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Obama was sending assault rifles off to drug cartels in an attempt to enforce more gun laws? Do you have any proof of this or are you just touting one of those infamous conspiracy theories? It's amazing what people will believe.

I cannot wait for the debates, none of the Republican candidates stand a chance facing someone with an actual intellectual prowess.

riser

Illustrious

More viable than the bigger mess Obama has put us in. Romney will win. Santorum will be close.. the others no chance.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Isn't Gingrich in second place with the southern states coming up? I don't know if Santorum will hang around after that or not. Just because you want something, doesn't mean its going to come to fruition.

riser

Illustrious

Wait. Even as Eric Holder had openly admited that the firearms were purchased directly/indirectly with government funds, and also knowing the firearms would be shipped to people who would either let them be 'stolen' or smuggled outside of the country. -- He has recognized that this is the case mind you -- You say you do not believe him??

The government bought a bunch of assault weapons that were found in the hands of cartels and in smuggling groups. This is a fact. How can you even begin to disregard the reality before you?

And yes, this is in an effort to enforce stricter gun laws. This is the same crap that happened in the UK years ago.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I read the timeline, no facts, just the opinions of the investigating senators. As far as the allegations against Holder and Obama go.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I just want to point out that my friend, OMG, is the "King of Chain Yanking".

Just keep in that mind as the overwhelming urge to engage in mortal combat with him sets in for those not accustomed to these exchanges.

He is actually quite the good guy.....in spite of his worldly views and opionions!!!

Nuthin' but love........

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I disregard the fabricated reality that you present, that's all. You present no facts for the connection between the purchases and increased gun control, just speculations.

They used government money to buy the assault rifles and other weapons, so they could acquire suspects to follow to the bigger fish, I'm not saying it was the right thing to do but I understand the thinking. It is akin to a DEA agent buying drugs multiple times from a buyer to build trust, to consequently work their way up the chain of command of a drug ring.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

So? At no point during any of the testimonies was there evidence that either Holder or Obama knew about the operation. The only time they mention Holder is when the senator is stating his own opinion.

OK, simple, it was Bush's fault. And unlike Bush, Obama and company wont get nailed....not one of them......and VIA will dominate the next decade in cpus too.
Lets see.
Anyone want to speculate that what the Obama admin was doing is illegal, and someones going to fall?
Holder is a selective bigot, a disgrace, and if others had said what he has, theyd be long gone already.
This shows the foolhardiness of the current admin.
We have those guns getting pried from their hands, and we have reduced the importance of their faith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTxXUufI3jA

to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line, who risked all, for my people
http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0311/Eric_Holder_Black_Panther_case_focus_demeans_my_people.html

If this is the best Obama can come up with, someone who cant describe something better than this, then Obama is woefully in trouble.
Reason being, saying my people has bad effects, duh, and the Prez just doesnt get it, which along with Obamas own "typical white woman" , shows hes not only anything but infallable, but may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.
As far as this being on Obamas watch, this too will be held against him, regardless of who takes the fall.

Former Obama admin :
Mayor Rahm Emanuel campaigned on a promise to cut off the free water spigot to nonprofits to usher in an era of shared sacrifice needed to confront the city’s $1.2 billion-a-year structural deficit.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/10920533-418/no-free-water-or-free-meters.html

Now, you add the contraceptive/abortion mandates on the church, Obamas old cronies etc etc etc, theres a problem here, and like it or not, things are changing, and for the worse, all for the greater glory of the government?

Good advice here guys.

OMG does throw out there a lot of "what if" threads to stimulate discussion so don't get all upset.

If it helps imagine he is wearing a dress and high heels while posting from the internet cafe on the corner where he/she turns tricks.

He keeps telling me riser drives past a lot trying to get a discount with cheap flowers.

:)