Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Glenn Beck vs Colbert

Last response: in News & Leisure
Share
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 12, 2012 10:53:01 AM

5 consecutive posts as a reply.

At least you didn't leave the letter c out of any of your words.

C as in Czar.

I actually downloaded about 30 mins of one of his rants and thought:

1. Bigot ... then "bigot" again just to make sure;
2. Poorly educated and inarticulate;
3. Narcissistic;
4. Racist;
5. Hate monger
6. Morally corrupt (He was a druggy who ditched his first wife and kids).

If he is the prophet then he is the prophet of doom and he is not welcome in my home.

He is not a good christian.

Sure he is rich.

He got rich riding on the backs of the poor fools who listen to him.

Please defend the guy who talks about nazis so much you have to think ... hmmm ??
March 12, 2012 12:46:14 PM

Just wanted to pop by and say "I love you guys". No matter how crappy a Monday morning may be, dropping in on one of these threads always brings a smile to my face.

GB....what a douche. I am not sure who's entertainment value is worse, his or Rush's. Regardless, they do know how to stir up muck and get folks talking.

Funny how both GB and Rush claim to be all about "free enterprise". I wonder how they see it now based on their personal situations......
March 12, 2012 12:56:02 PM

If only we could get Glenn Beck to focus on the evil Scientologists ...

Their like Nazis ... kinda ... sorta.

Then I would have something nice to say about him.
March 12, 2012 12:59:35 PM

Reynod said:
If only we could get Glenn Beck to focus on the evil Scientologists ...

Their like Nazis ... kinda ... sorta.

Then I would have something nice to say about him.

Good luck with getting GB to focus on anything meaningful.....Now that would be an accomplishment!
March 12, 2012 2:02:34 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Here's the thing. Glenn Beck and Rush have an "off" button. President Obama does not.

See the difference?

Not really, if you don't like the sound "bite-ology" via the news (including when the President talks) then the "off" button works for him as well. And, then there is the ultimate "off" button of the election cycle.

Like him, or not, but President Obama is the elected leader of the United States of America. I am pretty sure he has an obligation to speak out on the issues of the Nation when he needs/wants to.

Vote with your conscience.
March 12, 2012 2:10:18 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
I'm not talking about his speaking. I'm talking about his power. Glenn and Rush have none. They can't raise your taxes, sick the IRS on you, send your kids off to war, illegally sell firearms to known criminals and let them "walk" across the southern border. They can't implement regulations via excutive order directly affecting your life and the lives of your children.

That is what can't be "turned off".

The same can be said of each of President Obama's predecessors. What you are saying is true in the context of the office and the power/responsibility it holds.

However, there is an "off button" called an election.
March 12, 2012 2:18:46 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
I'm not talking about his speaking. I'm talking about his power. Glenn and Rush have none. They can't raise your taxes, sick the IRS on you, send your kids off to war, illegally sell firearms to known criminals and let them "walk" across the southern border. They can't implement regulations via executive order directly affecting your life and the lives of your children.

That is what can't be "turned off".


Fascinating how you can blame the presidents for the actions the IRS takes, like he has time to go down there and tell them to audit Glenn Beck. Also you somehow think that he was involved in planning of the FBI/ATF sting operations with the Mexican drug cartels? You are making him a scapegoat for everything you dislike! Don't you know see that this kind of thinking solves nothing?
March 12, 2012 2:25:32 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
It's called humor "buddy". You obviously don't get it.

But go ahead and focus on a radio/TV personality that has no power to shape public policy, regulate your life, raise your taxes, etc.

Go ahead and be distracted you dupe. Go right on ahead.


I don't know about you OMG, but I am able to maintain multiple threads of thought about different matters, just because I post a video about GB being an actor and having no real insight into political matters, doesn't mean that I am "duped" from real world issues.
March 12, 2012 2:32:45 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh have been audited every year since Obama took office. Coincidence? Ok if it helps you sleep at night.

Eric Holder is directly responsible for operation fast & furious and the cover up. Eric Holder reports directly to President Obama. So yes, I blame him.


GB really has a hold on you doesn't he? The truth shall set your free my friend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/31/us/politics/operation...


March 12, 2012 3:40:39 PM

Uh, so Democrats say their Democrat leader isn't responsible for the action? Then who is responsible? Generally, it goes up the chain until it reaches a point. Either that point is Holder or Obama.
Which will you have?

Do you recall under Bush how "Scooter" Libbey went to prison? A top aide, how others were targeted and how big of a deal it was? Obama has tried many tricks to enforce more gun laws, from forcing the military to shred the brass so it could not be sold on the free market to US citizens, to sending 'assault' rifles off to drug cartels.

Firearms are ingrained in the American blood. Obama will not win re-election and for that I am very, very thankful.
March 12, 2012 4:17:16 PM

riser said:
Obama will not win re-election and for that I am very, very thankful.

I would be willing to place a small bet (real or virtual) that President Obama will have a second term. Seriously, have you listened to the 4 Republican candidates? None of them have any viable chance of being elected in a gernal election.
March 12, 2012 5:16:22 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
You refer to the NY Times? Really? The stenographers of this administration? sheesh

It would take me hours to type up the timeline for this operation that goes back over 3 years. I just can't put in that kind of time to educate you john, sorry.

Revel in your ignorance.


Educate me? Really?

It really doesn't matter what I link, you find some ridiculous reason to dispute it, its too short, its from the media, its taken out of context, its too old and my personal favorite, just ignoring anything in the link and responding like it was never posted. At least I look at the links you post and comment on the actual topics.

Instead of imposing flaws on me like my ignorance, or the need to be educated, since I am apparently far to simple to understand your incredibly complex conspiracy theories and rationalizations, why don't you just concentrate on your arguments? Please try to make them reasonable and base them on facts and reason. Your previous post would be a good one to look at as an example of the exact opposite.
March 12, 2012 5:20:36 PM

riser said:
Uh, so Democrats say their Democrat leader isn't responsible for the action? Then who is responsible? Generally, it goes up the chain until it reaches a point. Either that point is Holder or Obama.
Which will you have?

Do you recall under Bush how "Scooter" Libbey went to prison? A top aide, how others were targeted and how big of a deal it was? Obama has tried many tricks to enforce more gun laws, from forcing the military to shred the brass so it could not be sold on the free market to US citizens, to sending 'assault' rifles off to drug cartels.

Firearms are ingrained in the American blood. Obama will not win re-election and for that I am very, very thankful.


Obama was sending assault rifles off to drug cartels in an attempt to enforce more gun laws? Do you have any proof of this or are you just touting one of those infamous conspiracy theories? It's amazing what people will believe.

I cannot wait for the debates, none of the Republican candidates stand a chance facing someone with an actual intellectual prowess.
March 12, 2012 5:21:33 PM

COLGeek said:
I would be willing to place a small bet (real or virtual) that President Obama will have a second term. Seriously, have you listened to the 4 Republican candidates? None of them have any viable chance of being elected in a gernal election.


More viable than the bigger mess Obama has put us in. Romney will win. Santorum will be close.. the others no chance.
March 12, 2012 5:28:42 PM

riser said:
More viable than the bigger mess Obama has put us in. Romney will win. Santorum will be close.. the others no chance.

Isn't Gingrich in second place with the southern states coming up? I don't know if Santorum will hang around after that or not. Just because you want something, doesn't mean its going to come to fruition.
March 12, 2012 5:33:05 PM

johnsonma said:
Obama was sending assault rifles off to drug cartels in an attempt to enforce more gun laws? Do you have any proof of this or are you just touting one of those infamous conspiracy theories? It's amazing what people will believe.

I cannot wait for the debates, none of the Republican candidates stand a chance facing someone with an actual intellectual prowess.


Wait. Even as Eric Holder had openly admited that the firearms were purchased directly/indirectly with government funds, and also knowing the firearms would be shipped to people who would either let them be 'stolen' or smuggled outside of the country. -- He has recognized that this is the case mind you -- You say you do not believe him??

The government bought a bunch of assault weapons that were found in the hands of cartels and in smuggling groups. This is a fact. How can you even begin to disregard the reality before you?

And yes, this is in an effort to enforce stricter gun laws. This is the same crap that happened in the UK years ago.
March 12, 2012 5:41:25 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
I told you, it would literally take hours for me to type up the timeline which you not find anywhere in the MSM. This is the timeline that has been established by Issa and Grassley's congressional investigation. It literally goes back 3 years.



I read the timeline, no facts, just the opinions of the investigating senators. As far as the allegations against Holder and Obama go.
March 12, 2012 5:57:00 PM

I just want to point out that my friend, OMG, is the "King of Chain Yanking".

Just keep in that mind as the overwhelming urge to engage in mortal combat with him sets in for those not accustomed to these exchanges.

He is actually quite the good guy.....in spite of his worldly views and opionions!!!

Nuthin' but love........
March 12, 2012 6:08:50 PM

riser said:
Wait. Even as Eric Holder had openly admited that the firearms were purchased directly/indirectly with government funds, and also knowing the firearms would be shipped to people who would either let them be 'stolen' or smuggled outside of the country. -- He has recognized that this is the case mind you -- You say you do not believe him??

The government bought a bunch of assault weapons that were found in the hands of cartels and in smuggling groups. This is a fact. How can you even begin to disregard the reality before you?

And yes, this is in an effort to enforce stricter gun laws. This is the same crap that happened in the UK years ago.


I disregard the fabricated reality that you present, that's all. You present no facts for the connection between the purchases and increased gun control, just speculations.

They used government money to buy the assault rifles and other weapons, so they could acquire suspects to follow to the bigger fish, I'm not saying it was the right thing to do but I understand the thinking. It is akin to a DEA agent buying drugs multiple times from a buyer to build trust, to consequently work their way up the chain of command of a drug ring.
March 12, 2012 6:12:13 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
The timeline is established from the testimony of those involved in the operation you boy genius.


So? At no point during any of the testimonies was there evidence that either Holder or Obama knew about the operation. The only time they mention Holder is when the senator is stating his own opinion.
March 12, 2012 7:26:22 PM

riser said:
Uh, so Democrats say their Democrat leader isn't responsible for the action? Then who is responsible? Generally, it goes up the chain until it reaches a point. Either that point is Holder or Obama.
Which will you have?

Do you recall under Bush how "Scooter" Libbey went to prison? A top aide, how others were targeted and how big of a deal it was? Obama has tried many tricks to enforce more gun laws, from forcing the military to shred the brass so it could not be sold on the free market to US citizens, to sending 'assault' rifles off to drug cartels.

Firearms are ingrained in the American blood. Obama will not win re-election and for that I am very, very thankful.

OK, simple, it was Bush's fault. And unlike Bush, Obama and company wont get nailed....not one of them......and VIA will dominate the next decade in cpus too.
Lets see.
Anyone want to speculate that what the Obama admin was doing is illegal, and someones going to fall?
Holder is a selective bigot, a disgrace, and if others had said what he has, theyd be long gone already.
This shows the foolhardiness of the current admin.
We have those guns getting pried from their hands, and we have reduced the importance of their faith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTxXUufI3jA

to describe it in those terms I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line, who risked all, for my people
http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0311/Eric_Ho...

If this is the best Obama can come up with, someone who cant describe something better than this, then Obama is woefully in trouble.
Reason being, saying my people has bad effects, duh, and the Prez just doesnt get it, which along with Obamas own "typical white woman" , shows hes not only anything but infallable, but may not be the sharpest tool in the shed.
As far as this being on Obamas watch, this too will be held against him, regardless of who takes the fall.

Former Obama admin :
Mayor Rahm Emanuel campaigned on a promise to cut off the free water spigot to nonprofits to usher in an era of shared sacrifice needed to confront the city’s $1.2 billion-a-year structural deficit.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/10920533-418/no-f...


Now, you add the contraceptive/abortion mandates on the church, Obamas old cronies etc etc etc, theres a problem here, and like it or not, things are changing, and for the worse, all for the greater glory of the government?
March 12, 2012 10:46:46 PM

COLGeek said:
I just want to point out that my friend, OMG, is the "King of Chain Yanking".

Just keep in that mind as the overwhelming urge to engage in mortal combat with him sets in for those not accustomed to these exchanges.

He is actually quite the good guy.....in spite of his worldly views and opionions!!!

Nuthin' but love........


Good advice here guys.

OMG does throw out there a lot of "what if" threads to stimulate discussion so don't get all upset.

If it helps imagine he is wearing a dress and high heels while posting from the internet cafe on the corner where he/she turns tricks.

He keeps telling me riser drives past a lot trying to get a discount with cheap flowers.

:) 
March 13, 2012 12:17:18 AM

OK, wheres the price tag?
March 13, 2012 12:34:03 AM

jd I left you out of this as you have a wooden leg and I promised I wouldn't pick on the disabled this week.

I think Beck is probably going to do a show on how much money gets poured into VA hospitals and pensions next week.

March 13, 2012 1:08:59 AM

Thats aright mate
Nuthin wrong with having some wood...in your leg

PS And no, you didnt have me stumped on a come back
March 13, 2012 2:33:36 AM

Hope that leg doesnt stiffen up on em
March 13, 2012 11:52:42 AM

If I had a wooden leg, I'd fill it with rum like in the Pirate movie.
March 13, 2012 1:42:37 PM

If I had a wooden leg it would have compartments for stuff and a decent battery for my laptop built in ...
March 13, 2012 2:03:08 PM

There can be only one question here....

Got wood?
March 13, 2012 4:52:56 PM

I'm rethinking it now.

I want a titanium leg like Lt. Dan. It would probably keep the rum colder and store more since it would be stronger and lighter.
March 13, 2012 4:59:10 PM

So, is Iron Man really just a drunken (not shrunken) head?
March 13, 2012 5:02:15 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
So, is Iron Man really just a drunken (not shrunken) head?

Yes (at least with the Robert Downey, Jr. rendition.....).
March 13, 2012 6:22:44 PM

Pipe, meet crack.
!