Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 professional full under $100? is this legit?

Tags:
  • Download
  • Windows 7
  • Software
  • Product
Last response: in Windows 7
November 9, 2010 10:34:42 PM

Hi, i've been looking to upgrade to windows 7 professional full version and came across this website:

https://www.realbuysoftware.com/windows-7-professional-...

This is a download version of windows 7 pro full and is supposedly 100% authentic. The company and website seem legit however i'm wary. anyone know anything about this company? is this a legit company? has anybody ever bought software from them and can vouch/recommend them? thanks for the help.

More about : windows professional full 100 legit

November 9, 2010 11:22:46 PM

I didn't know that you could buy Microsoft OS as a download?
I thought MS doesn't release this except for users who have Open Licence Agreements? Maybe that's how they're getting away with it - by providing Open Value licence and software? I know that if you're a charity or education institution, you get MS Open licences at a fraction of the retail cost so I think that this is probably how they're getting away with it................ other thoughts?
Score
0

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2010 11:57:51 PM

I wouldn't buy from them, buy from a retailer or etailer you know. That site has no physical address, and no commercial phone number (to check their area code). Your risks include:
-- Losing the $94.99 if the software is not genuine.
-- Installing software infested with trojans, viruses, and other ugly surprises.
-- Giving your credit card or other payment info to fraudsters.
Saving ~$30 is not worth the risk to me. But it's your money.
a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2010 11:58:38 PM

Looks to me like they are just selling their technet downloads and keys, I would stay away. Its tempting but sooner or later the key will be blacklisted and your out your $$$
Score
0
November 10, 2010 12:08:51 AM

treefrog07 said:
I wouldn't buy from them, buy from a retailer or etailer you know. That site has no physical address, and no commercial phone number (to check their area code). Your risks include:
-- Losing the $94.99 if the software is not genuine.
-- Installing software infested with trojans, viruses, and other ugly surprises.
-- Giving your credit card or other payment info to fraudsters.
Saving ~$30 is not worth the risk to me. But it's your money.

Well put. :)

Don't trust a place that has no physical address or phone number that's for sure.
Score
0
November 10, 2010 12:12:25 AM

As far as I know, Digital River had the exclusive contratct to sell windows OS downloads. I paid about £50 (nearly $100) including backup DVD, but that was the student Windows 7 UPG deal.

Thay are also using .tar files if I read that page correctly, normally MS has thier own self extracting files. My downloads were "Windows Marketplace Box" files.

I wouldn't trust it. Too many small astrange things.
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2010 12:12:25 AM

You might be able to find an OEM version for about $120.

If you have a student email, you can buy it from Microsoft for $70.
Score
0
November 18, 2010 7:26:42 PM

Totally illegal…only downloads that come from adobe.com are legitimate.

Thanks

Chris Stickle

Enforcement Manager, Anti-Piracy

Adobe Systems Incorporated