Windows 7 professional full under $100? is this legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdulgerian

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Hi, i've been looking to upgrade to windows 7 professional full version and came across this website:

https://www.realbuysoftware.com/windows-7-professional-download-32-64-bit.html

This is a download version of windows 7 pro full and is supposedly 100% authentic. The company and website seem legit however i'm wary. anyone know anything about this company? is this a legit company? has anybody ever bought software from them and can vouch/recommend them? thanks for the help.

Solution
I wouldn't buy from them, buy from a retailer or etailer you know. That site has no physical address, and no commercial phone number (to check their area code). Your risks include:
-- Losing the $94.99 if the software is not genuine.
-- Installing software infested with trojans, viruses, and other ugly surprises.
-- Giving your credit card or other payment info to fraudsters.
Saving ~$30 is not worth the risk to me. But it's your money.

superfishnz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
I didn't know that you could buy Microsoft OS as a download?
I thought MS doesn't release this except for users who have Open Licence Agreements? Maybe that's how they're getting away with it - by providing Open Value licence and software? I know that if you're a charity or education institution, you get MS Open licences at a fraction of the retail cost so I think that this is probably how they're getting away with it................ other thoughts?

I wouldn't buy from them, buy from a retailer or etailer you know. That site has no physical address, and no commercial phone number (to check their area code). Your risks include:
-- Losing the $94.99 if the software is not genuine.
-- Installing software infested with trojans, viruses, and other ugly surprises.
-- Giving your credit card or other payment info to fraudsters.
Saving ~$30 is not worth the risk to me. But it's your money.

Solution

superfishnz

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

Well put. :)

Don't trust a place that has no physical address or phone number that's for sure.

Plumble

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
As far as I know, Digital River had the exclusive contratct to sell windows OS downloads. I paid about £50 (nearly $100) including backup DVD, but that was the student Windows 7 UPG deal.

Thay are also using .tar files if I read that page correctly, normally MS has thier own self extracting files. My downloads were "Windows Marketplace Box" files.

I wouldn't trust it. Too many small astrange things.

jercol

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
Totally illegal…only downloads that come from adobe.com are legitimate.

Thanks

Chris Stickle

Enforcement Manager, Anti-Piracy

Adobe Systems Incorporated