Voicemail Message Rec'd 1 Wk Later

Last response: in Network Providers
July 10, 2005 9:15:44 AM

Has this ever happened to anyone before? I received a voicemail message
exactly 1 week after it was initially left on my phone. My phone was on,
the entire period, and subsequent messages were rec'd BEFORE this one.

More about : voicemail message rec

July 10, 2005 9:15:45 AM

so what, like you a important person. Was your manager at Burger King
calling?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 5:12:50 PM

"BMC" <bgiord662340@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Has this ever happened to anyone before? I received a voicemail message
> exactly 1 week after it was initially left on my phone. My phone was on,
> the entire period, and subsequent messages were rec'd BEFORE this one.

Yes this happened to my son a couple of weeks ago. He missed a job
opportunity because of it. Five voice messages came in a week late.

Just lately I have noticed the text messages arriving hours later.
July 10, 2005 7:15:14 PM

Do you enjoy attacking people?

On 9 Jul 2005 22:19:39 -0700, "Chuck" <chuckadams05@aol.com> wrote:

>so what, like you a important person. Was your manager at Burger King
>calling?
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 10:51:12 PM

Chuck wrote:
> so what, like you a important person. Was your manager at Burger King
> calling?

Boy, are you a jerk.
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 11:20:46 PM

BMC wrote:
> Has this ever happened to anyone before? I received a voicemail message
> exactly 1 week after it was initially left on my phone. My phone was on,
> the entire period, and subsequent messages were rec'd BEFORE this one.

This has happened to me a couple of times recently.
If anyone from Verizon reads this - what's the story??
July 11, 2005 6:00:51 AM

BMC wrote:
> Has this ever happened to anyone before? I received a voicemail message
> exactly 1 week after it was initially left on my phone. My phone was on,
> the entire period, and subsequent messages were rec'd BEFORE this one.

It has also happened to me, but I have no idea why this happens.

gary
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 8:31:37 AM

I've found this to happen in areas where Verizon is experiencing
congestion issues (circuits busy, dropped calls, etc.). This also
happens more often when roaming.

My guess is that it is a capacity issue. I've seen it happen to all
carriers in areas where they are congested. The last time I remember
it on Verizon though was when they first released America's Choice and
got deluged with new customers.

-MVL
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 9:36:08 AM

Nope, never happened to anyone. If you call Verizon, they will confirm that
they've never heard of this type of problem before. However, yes, it does
happen. This is one reason why voicemail as well as text messaging have a
disclaimer that delivery can not be guaranteed. Call them, and add your
voicemail delayed issue to the queue of "1". Sad to say, you just have to
accept that that is the way it is (sometime) If it is really important,
best that you speak to the person directly. dr.
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

!