First Chrome OS Desktop PC Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Google is targetting Apple's market then? Problem: Apple users don't know Chrome OS exists. Most people who consider switching to Chrome OS look at it more as an alternative to Linux w/ a cloud.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Haha... a 25w processor- that looks pathetic compared to my 125w. Also anybody else think that Chrome OS has already gone too far and that it will simply die a slow painful death or go nowhere. I don't think consumers are ready for the cloud.

gorfmaster1

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
it does look like Google is trying to run Microsoft competition but it will never happen unless windows rereleases vista as windows 8

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The arrogance of Google keeps getting better and better.

You have to wonder who they are using for marketing and consulting....obviously a firm that will tell them anything they want to hear.

Th-z

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
The computer is not built by Google, it's by another company called ISYS. So you can't draw the same analogy between Google and Apple. The article should have mentioned it.

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Can it play crysis at 1500$ LAWL Cuz at that price you can have a top notch system but it will consume more then 25W but if you willing to pay 1500$ anyway you have money to pay for electrity...

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
people have built better computers (1 year ago) for way less than the price above...we really want to know how much the OS is going to cost because we don't care about the computer itself.
now if Google made it so that it only runs on their computer hardware then the first post is dead on..their fruit should be a lemon.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I still believe ChromeOS can be very successful and even dominate the PC market given the right nourishment; however with details for the subscriptions Chromebooks and now the price of this Chromebrick, this whole ChromeOS project is quickly becoming another Google fail.

Google has to learn that their not Apple; and they can't sell overpriced crap to sheep with deep pockets.

dertechie

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Is this that 'modular' PC we saw a while back with 2006 Athlons for $800+, just with ChromeOS? Decidedly not marketed at us (with a 1K+ budget we'll build rigs to run Crysis, not Chrome).

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Honestly? I just want the OS... And I'd like to run it on current hardware please... Let's not go back to apple's days of running only on PowerPC chips...

G

I'm hoping chrome OS is released independent of chomium PCs. I have two very old laptops that are still in great condition, and it would be great to have chrome OS installed on them as a low-footprint, high speed alternative to Linux.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Fyend[/nom]At that price is should have a fruit as its logo.[/citation]
Well deserved first +20 I saw after the fixed system of thumbs up/down here. Congratulations, and may this inspire you to many more +20 quotes, for the lolz of us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.