Seeking certified memory for Tyan KW8 S2885 dual Opteron b..

I have an S2885 board with dual Opterons but can't find PC3200 memory
that works. I tried Registered/ECC PC3200 DDR 400 Kingston
KVR400X72RC3A but it did not work. Looking at the Tyan site, there is
certified memory listed but I can't find a vendor that sells any with
the exact model numbers except for Kingston 512MB (different than what
I tried). The Kingstons listed were quite expensive at $380 for a
pair. What about Micron? Can't find any with the model numbers
certified.

http://www.tyan.com/support/html/memory_s2885.html

I specifically want PC3200 512MB modules.

Any ideas? If you have an S2885 board w/working PC3200 512MB modules,
I'd sure like to know what memory you have and where you go it.
Please respond to the board, not email.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about seeking certified memory tyan s2885 dual opteron

    Xenophon wrote:

    > I have an S2885 board with dual Opterons but can't find PC3200 memory
    > that works. I tried Registered/ECC PC3200 DDR 400 Kingston
    > KVR400X72RC3A but it did not work. Looking at the Tyan site, there is
    > certified memory listed but I can't find a vendor that sells any with
    > the exact model numbers except for Kingston 512MB (different than what
    > I tried). The Kingstons listed were quite expensive at $380 for a
    > pair. What about Micron? Can't find any with the model numbers
    > certified.
    >
    > http://www.tyan.com/support/html/memory_s2885.html
    >
    > I specifically want PC3200 512MB modules.

    Can't comment on 512 MB modules, but with the S2885 I have used
    1 GB ECC Registered PC3200 from both Corsair and Crucial. I
    can't imagine that their 512 MB DIMMs would fail where the
    1 GB DIMMs succeeded.

    I have also *unsuccessfully* tried Corsair 1 GB Registered *NON-ECC*
    PC3200.

    > Any ideas? If you have an S2885 board w/working PC3200 512MB modules,
    > I'd sure like to know what memory you have and where you go it.
    > Please respond to the board, not email.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

CPUs Tyan Memory