Seeking certified memory for Tyan KW8 S2885 dual Opteron b..

I have an S2885 board with dual Opterons but can't find PC3200 memory
that works. I tried Registered/ECC PC3200 DDR 400 Kingston
KVR400X72RC3A but it did not work. Looking at the Tyan site, there is
certified memory listed but I can't find a vendor that sells any with
the exact model numbers except for Kingston 512MB (different than what
I tried). The Kingstons listed were quite expensive at $380 for a
pair. What about Micron? Can't find any with the model numbers
certified.

http://www.tyan.com/support/html/memory_s2885.html

I specifically want PC3200 512MB modules.

Any ideas? If you have an S2885 board w/working PC3200 512MB modules,
I'd sure like to know what memory you have and where you go it.
Please respond to the board, not email.

Thanks in advance.

Xenophon wrote:

> I have an S2885 board with dual Opterons but can't find PC3200 memory
> that works. I tried Registered/ECC PC3200 DDR 400 Kingston
> KVR400X72RC3A but it did not work. Looking at the Tyan site, there is
> certified memory listed but I can't find a vendor that sells any with
> the exact model numbers except for Kingston 512MB (different than what
> I tried). The Kingstons listed were quite expensive at $380 for a
> pair. What about Micron? Can't find any with the model numbers
> certified.
>
> http://www.tyan.com/support/html/memory_s2885.html
>
> I specifically want PC3200 512MB modules.

Can't comment on 512 MB modules, but with the S2885 I have used
1 GB ECC Registered PC3200 from both Corsair and Crucial. I
can't imagine that their 512 MB DIMMs would fail where the
1 GB DIMMs succeeded.

I have also *unsuccessfully* tried Corsair 1 GB Registered *NON-ECC*
PC3200.

> Any ideas? If you have an S2885 board w/working PC3200 512MB modules,
> I'd sure like to know what memory you have and where you go it.
> Please respond to the board, not email.
>
> Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS