May 24, 2011 6:29:03 PM

Personal reasons meaning "intel paid me more."
Score
Anonymous
May 24, 2011 6:34:02 PM

in reality he just liked the idea of working for Will.I.Am
Score
May 24, 2011 7:17:56 PM

Don't tell me this is the "big announcement" we have been waiting for in the Bulldozer sticky!!
Score
May 24, 2011 7:24:45 PM

I lol'd when I read "and Oak Trail is certainly not the savior Intel was hoping for." While Intel's endeavor into the mini-moble market will be a long one, I hope they don't loose sight on their bread-and-butter market.
Score
May 24, 2011 7:47:42 PM

what an Ugly name "Oak"
Score
May 24, 2011 8:19:03 PM

Who is this guy and why is this news?
Score
Anonymous
May 24, 2011 8:20:11 PM

@Mario75

about as stupid as appointing will.i.am as creative director and getting pointers from Apple maybe......
Score
May 24, 2011 8:21:40 PM

Quote:
There is no doubt that Carvill and the Intel PR team at Intel has a big challenge ahead.

Grammar fail. It should be have instead of has.
Score
May 24, 2011 8:36:40 PM

Mario75look at all those amd fanboys - they hate everything whats not green and red LOLno wonder your amd cant make proper products withouts problems,amd fanboys suit amd pefectly hahahacant wait when that Shovel aka bullllldozzzzer buldoze amd.what are stupid name - Bull Doze er?

and this statement makes you any better but then again you are fan trolling so see ya.

anyway I wish the guy good luck in his new job because he's going to need it.
Score
May 24, 2011 8:42:16 PM

Some random guy takes a job at intel and this is somehow tech-worthy news? Probably made headlines because he is in public relations and has friends in the media.
Score
a b å Intel
May 24, 2011 8:44:29 PM

A talking head jumped ship. Big deal.
Score
May 24, 2011 8:53:39 PM

PudgyChickenGrammar fail. It should be have instead of has.

PudgyChickenGrammar fail.

Grammar failure.
Score
May 24, 2011 9:56:58 PM

I'm sure AMD could just as easily fill this spot with a bobble head doll, PepBoys seems to be doing well with this tactic!
Score
May 24, 2011 10:30:14 PM

HaserathPersonal reasons meaning "intel paid me more."

nothing wrong with that :)  good for him
Score
May 25, 2011 3:54:48 AM

Quote:
A talking head jumped ship. Big deal.

It could be. I'm always a bit surprised when I hear about this as I would assume most/all VPs have a non compete clause in their contract. (can't work for X years for a competitor/same industry.) Granted he was in media and probably didn't have a lot of knowledge about upcoming products or how the engineering on them was done. But I'm still surprised it happens as often as it does.
Score
May 25, 2011 5:08:22 AM

4745454bIt could be. I'm always a bit surprised when I hear about this as I would assume most/all VPs have a non compete clause in their contract. (can't work for X years for a competitor/same industry.) Granted he was in media and probably didn't have a lot of knowledge about upcoming products or how the engineering on them was done. But I'm still surprised it happens as often as it does.

I think the big reason for that is him working for global founderies, and technically not directly for AMD. Basically makes him more the worker than the leader. Anyways, I wish this guy the best over at Intel. They're struggling jumping into the graphics market and want to try to compete in the ARM market. 2 big battles at once like that, hope this isn't gonna turn into another P4 incident. I like competition on all levels, don't get me wrong, just don't know if they really understand the type of market they're jumping into.
Score
May 25, 2011 5:17:21 AM

Two words MOBILE GRAPHICS what a score for intel
Score
May 25, 2011 7:52:41 AM

Lol, Intel vs ARM? Total Annihilation is coming true ^^:

"What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds. The Core and the Arm have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides now crippled beyond repair, the remnants of their armies continue to battle on ravaged planets, their hatred fueled by over four thousand years of total war. This is a fight to the death. For each side, the only acceptable outcome is the complete elimination of the other."
Score
May 25, 2011 9:13:48 AM

So Intel is hiring more PR guys to battle ARM. We'll be hearing more barking and less biting.
Score
May 25, 2011 9:25:37 AM

Wish he'd go to the desktop cpu department instead and invent meaningful model names like amd does.
Score
May 25, 2011 5:16:28 PM

_Pez_what an Ugly name "Oak"

Maybe it'll start us out on our quest to capture Pokemon? XD
Score
May 26, 2011 1:29:41 AM

I wonder how much more Intel is paying him.
Score
May 26, 2011 4:10:24 AM

dread_cthulhuMaybe it'll start us out on our quest to capture Pokemon? XD

LOL
Score
May 29, 2011 5:41:43 AM

HaserathPersonal reasons meaning "intel paid me more."

LOL
Also intel is far more certain to still be around in 5 years time.
Score
!