64-bit Microsoft software availability matrix

Found the following availability matrix of Microsoft software for 64-bit. It
includes both Itanium and x64 software.

http://blogs.msdn.com/draper/archive/2004/04/21/117517.aspx

Yousuf Khan

--
Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
Spambots: just send mail to above address ;-)

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:13:45 GMT, "Yousuf Khan"
    <news.20.bbbl67@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

    >Found the following availability matrix of Microsoft software for 64-bit. It
    >includes both Itanium and x64 software.
    >
    >http://blogs.msdn.com/draper/archive/2004/04/21/117517.aspx

    Blogs on MSDN now? What next? Do ya think maybe they're censored?

    Hmmm, what's with the Itanium Windows 2003 Standard Edition in 4Q04 vs. the
    Enterprise Edition "in market today". Oh that must be according to Intel's
    schedule for the appropriate hardware - silly of me to forget that.:-)

    Rgds, George Macdonald

  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

    Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > Found the following availability matrix of Microsoft software for 64-bit. It
    > includes both Itanium and x64 software.
    >
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/draper/archive/2004/04/21/117517.aspx
    >
    > Yousuf Khan

    windowsXP-64 final in Q4 this year...? isn't that a bit early
    considering the sorry state of driver support for it...?
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

    "Paul Gunson" <graphics@nospammm.com> wrote in message
    > Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > > Found the following availability matrix of Microsoft software for
    64-bit. It
    > > includes both Itanium and x64 software.
    > >
    > > http://blogs.msdn.com/draper/archive/2004/04/21/117517.aspx
    > >
    > > Yousuf Khan
    >

    > windowsXP-64 final in Q4 this year...? isn't that a bit early
    > considering the sorry state of driver support for it...?

    I don't know how sorry the state is anymore. You do see a lot of drivers
    from Nvidia for it, in fact they just announced a new revision of the
    drivers today for the Nforce chipset. ATI, I don't know about. Really the
    only ones still missing are the ones from Intel for its chipsets. Now that
    Intel is onboard with AMD64, even those will be on their way.

    Yousuf Khan
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

    Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > I don't know how sorry the state is anymore. You do see a lot of drivers
    > from Nvidia for it, in fact they just announced a new revision of the
    > drivers today for the Nforce chipset. ATI, I don't know about. Really the
    > only ones still missing are the ones from Intel for its chipsets. Now that
    > Intel is onboard with AMD64, even those will be on their way.

    that's good to hear... but its still hard to get any information on
    compatibility for a lot of things like sound cards, DVD drives, video
    editing cards etc. eg, would my sony DRU-510A even work if i installed
    my copy of XP-64 preview...? or my onboard 8-channel Envy24 sound..?
    obviously i would never install an OS unless i new in advance these
    things were going to work... but i'll wait till Q4.. who knows :)
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

    > Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > > I don't know how sorry the state is anymore. You do see a lot of drivers
    > > from Nvidia for it, in fact they just announced a new revision of the
    > > drivers today for the Nforce chipset. ATI, I don't know about. Really
    the
    > > only ones still missing are the ones from Intel for its chipsets. Now
    that
    > > Intel is onboard with AMD64, even those will be on their way.
    >

    > that's good to hear... but its still hard to get any information on
    > compatibility for a lot of things like sound cards, DVD drives, video
    > editing cards etc. eg, would my sony DRU-510A even work if i installed
    > my copy of XP-64 preview...? or my onboard 8-channel Envy24 sound..?
    > obviously i would never install an OS unless i new in advance these
    > things were going to work... but i'll wait till Q4.. who knows :)

    I think I posted this a few months ago:

    http://www.planetamd64.com/modules/mx_pafiledb/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=1

    As for your onboard sound, if you got an Athlon 64 motherboard right now
    with that onboard sound system, then chances are likely that there will be
    drivers for it, since it was included with an Athlon 64 motherboard right
    from the start.

    Yousuf Khan

CPUs Software Matrix Microsoft