which is better? pc2700 CL=2.5 or pc3200 CL=3

peter

My PC can use either pc2700 or pc3200 DIMM.
I found both PC2700 CL=2.5 and PC3200 CL=3 DIMM selling for the same price.
Which one is faster/better for my system?

Bitstring <N6rkc.5031$sK3.1738@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>, from the wonderful
person peter <nospam@nospam.com> said
>My PC can use either pc2700 or pc3200 DIMM.
>I found both PC2700 CL=2.5 and PC3200 CL=3 DIMM selling for the same price.
>Which one is faster/better for my system?

Whichever one matches the FSB of the CPU you intend to use. Running the
memory asynchronously with the CPU FSB frequently leads to all sorts of
problems, and rarely, if ever, gives any performance improvement.
Obviosuly if you plan to overclock the FSB of the CPU, then plan for
similarly faster memory.

I assume you are aware that PC2700 =166Mhz FSB, PC3200 = 200 Mhz FSB
(or 333, 400 if you believe the marketing types).

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can