Vigilante Mission

Alan

Thanks Paul and Razor.

Yes, I mean the extra armour.

I drove the tank and did mission up to level 23 in one go. But I
haven't noticed any "message" about I have completed the mission.

Paul: you mean I have already completed the mission, and what I need
to do is to pick up extra armour to check the difference?

Razor: Um... After I cancel the mission, no special message (about
completing the mission) is shown. (or I missed it? >_<)

thanks very much for your helps! ^_^

alanwhl@gmail.com (Alan) wrote in

> Thanks Paul and Razor.
>
> Yes, I mean the extra armour.
>
> I drove the tank and did mission up to level 23 in one go. But I
> haven't noticed any "message" about I have completed the mission.
>
> Paul: you mean I have already completed the mission, and what I need
> to do is to pick up extra armour to check the difference?
>
> Razor: Um... After I cancel the mission, no special message (about
> completing the mission) is shown. (or I missed it? >_<)
>
> thanks very much for your helps! ^_^

Buried somewhere in the stuff that comes up on the screen after you have
finished the 12th mission is the notice that you are eligible for 150
rather than 100 armor now. However, it is really easy to not notice it
when it comes up as the vigilate missions don't seem to have any end to
them. My personal record is level 37, where I finally got bored with it
and cancelled the mission (actually I just stopped chasing the criminals
and drove around in the tank a while since I had something like 22
minutes to catch them from all the extra time you wind up with when using
the tank). I have only seen the armor message once in the 4 or 5 times I
have restarted VC and re-run the mission.

To see the additional 50 armor points you will have to pick up a body
armor. After "finishing" the vigilante mission it simply treats you as
"wounded" since your armor is now below the maximum. You will *not* need
to pick up two armor's from now on. One armor will give you 150 points
after you complete the vigilante mission.

The ambulance (I think) and the pizza missions work differently. After
the 12th one the mission simply ends with whatever bonus message you get
(endless sprint from ambulance and 150 health from pizza, and fireproof
from the fire truck missions). The vigilante works differently since you
can apparently do it forever.

Alan wrote:

> Thanks Paul and Razor.
>
> Yes, I mean the extra armour.
>
> I drove the tank and did mission up to level 23 in one go. But I
> haven't noticed any "message" about I have completed the mission.
>
> Paul: you mean I have already completed the mission, and what I need
> to do is to pick up extra armour to check the difference?

yep. all you get as a reward is the space for the armour, you then
have to fill it up so to speak, so find some armour and see if it goes
up

--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

Alan

Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<425CCF99.98CB483A@blueyonder.co.uk>...
> Alan wrote:
> > =
>
> > Thanks Paul and Razor.
> > =
>
> > Yes, I mean the extra armour.
> > =
>
> > I drove the tank and did mission up to level 23 in one go. But I
> > haven't noticed any "message" about I have completed the mission.
> > =
>
> > Paul: you mean I have already completed the mission, and what I need
> > to do is to pick up extra armour to check the difference?
>
> yep. all you get as a reward is the space for the armour, you then
> have to fill it up so to speak, so find some armour and see if it goes
> up
>
> -- =
>
> Paul (That=92s what keeps me down)
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Thanks all of you, finally I redo the mission and was "careful" enough
to see the small message appeared on the top left corner after
completing level 12. Thank you very much! ^^

I would like to ask one more question not related to vigilante
mission.

I have visited a web (but I forgot the link..) and it said it is
possible to increase the reload speed of weapon by finishing a mission
for shooting in downtown. Is it true? I have completed successfully
for one time (get 31, the target to beat is 30) but the reloading
speed seems no difference. Would any one know about the details?
Thanks again!

Alan wrote:
> Thanks Paul and Razor.
>
> Yes, I mean the extra armour.
>
> I drove the tank and did mission up to level 23 in one go. But I
> haven't noticed any "message" about I have completed the mission.
>
> Paul: you mean I have already completed the mission, and what I need
> to do is to pick up extra armour to check the difference?
>
> Razor: Um... After I cancel the mission, no special message (about
> completing the mission) is shown. (or I missed it? >_<)
>
> thanks very much for your helps! ^_^
you get the message after doing level 12 not when you cancel the mission

Alan wrote:

> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<425CCF99.98CB483A@blueyonder.co.uk>...
> > Alan wrote:
> > > =
> >
> > > Thanks Paul and Razor.
> > > =
> >
> > > Yes, I mean the extra armour.
> > > =
> >
> > > I drove the tank and did mission up to level 23 in one go. But I
> > > haven't noticed any "message" about I have completed the mission.
> > > =
> >
> > > Paul: you mean I have already completed the mission, and what I need
> > > to do is to pick up extra armour to check the difference?
> >
> > yep. all you get as a reward is the space for the armour, you then
> > have to fill it up so to speak, so find some armour and see if it goes
> > up
> >
> > -- =
> >
> > Paul (That=92s what keeps me down)
> > Stop and Look
> > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
>
> Thanks all of you, finally I redo the mission and was "careful" enough
> to see the small message appeared on the top left corner after
> completing level 12. Thank you very much! ^^
>
> I would like to ask one more question not related to vigilante
> mission.
>
> I have visited a web (but I forgot the link..) and it said it is
> possible to increase the reload speed of weapon by finishing a mission
> for shooting in downtown. Is it true? I have completed successfully
> for one time (get 31, the target to beat is 30) but the reloading
> speed seems no difference. Would any one know about the details?
> Thanks again!

I'm sure you get sent to that place for an actual mission but to be
honest i don't recall any advantages except you could then buy weapons
from the shop and do the shooting range when you want... but I just
had a look on Gamefaqs and found this

"8.5 Shooting Range
------------------

You need to complete the mission "The Shootist" before you can do
this. Go to
the downtown AmmuNation and go to the same place as you did for the
Shootist.
Basically, you hit as many targets as you can in the time limit, or
until you
run out of ammo. Beat the score that says score to beat, and you will
get
$500. Also, if you get 45 or better, you will get the Fast Load
ability, so
you can reload your weapons faster (obviously)."

--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Cyrus

In article <425D7373.3827B008@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> "8.5 Shooting Range
> ------------------
>
> You need to complete the mission "The Shootist" before you can do
> this. Go to
> the downtown AmmuNation and go to the same place as you did for the
> Shootist.
> Basically, you hit as many targets as you can in the time limit, or
> until you
> run out of ammo. Beat the score that says score to beat, and you will
> get
> $500. Also, if you get 45 or better, you will get the Fast Load
> ability, so
> you can reload your weapons faster (obviously)."

Yep, in other words Tommy doesn't do the reload animation anymore. At
least thats how it was in the ps2 version. So if you hold the trigger,
he'll keep shooting until the clip is wasted and you must hit it again
to start another clip without the reload.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Cyrus wrote:

> In article <425D7373.3827B008@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > "8.5 Shooting Range
> > ------------------
> >
> > You need to complete the mission "The Shootist" before you can do
> > this. Go to
> > the downtown AmmuNation and go to the same place as you did for the
> > Shootist.
> > Basically, you hit as many targets as you can in the time limit, or
> > until you
> > run out of ammo. Beat the score that says score to beat, and you will
> > get
> > $500. Also, if you get 45 or better, you will get the Fast Load
> > ability, so
> > you can reload your weapons faster (obviously)."
>
> Yep, in other words Tommy doesn't do the reload animation anymore. At
> least thats how it was in the ps2 version. So if you hold the trigger,
> he'll keep shooting until the clip is wasted and you must hit it again
> to start another clip without the reload.
>
> --
> Cyrus
>
> *coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

sounds a bit weird. so you have to reload yourself?
--

In article <425D947B.C26A5527@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> sounds a bit weird. so you have to reload yourself?

This is the way it was on ps2, so use that as a disclaimer. But yes.. to
an extent. IIRC Holding the fire button without the fast reload
capability, Tommy would simply go through the reload animation and keep
firing. *With* the reload capability, after a clip if you were to hold
the fire button he would just sit there. So another press of the fire
button would start you on the next clip. It took getting acclimated, but
after that its really quick between clips.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

> Buried somewhere in the stuff that comes up on the screen after you have
> finished the 12th mission is the notice that you are eligible for 150
> rather than 100 armor now. However, it is really easy to not notice it
> when it comes up as the vigilate missions don't seem to have any end to
> them. My personal record is level 37, where I finally got bored with it
> and cancelled the mission (actually I just stopped chasing the criminals
> and drove around in the tank a while since I had something like 22
> minutes to catch them from all the extra time you wind up with when using
> the tank). I have only seen the armor message once in the 4 or 5 times I
> have restarted VC and re-run the mission.

I've heard other people on this forum saying they've gone over 400 vigilante
missions using the Hunter chopper. I think most people stop around then,
because that's about when your money maxes out. So yeah, there's really no
known end to vigilante missions. I don't know anyone masochistic enough to
try and see what happens when you go past 999...

Cyrus wrote:

> In article <425D947B.C26A5527@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > sounds a bit weird. so you have to reload yourself?
>
> This is the way it was on ps2, so use that as a disclaimer. But yes.. to
> an extent. IIRC Holding the fire button without the fast reload
> capability, Tommy would simply go through the reload animation and keep
> firing. *With* the reload capability, after a clip if you were to hold
> the fire button he would just sit there. So another press of the fire
> button would start you on the next clip. It took getting acclimated, but
> after that its really quick between clips.
>
> --
> Cyrus
>
> *coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Cheers. I only have the ps2 version. I should dally with the others
but I don't play it enough now
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

>> > sounds a bit weird. so you have to reload yourself?
>>

>> This is the way it was on ps2, so use that as a disclaimer. But yes..
>> an extent. IIRC Holding the fire button without the fast reload
>> capability, Tommy would simply go through the reload animation and
keep

>> firing. *With* the reload capability, after a clip if you were to hold
>> the fire button he would just sit there. So another press of the fire
>> button would start you on the next clip. It took getting acclimated,
bu
>> after that its really quick between clips.
>
> Cheers. I only have the ps2 version. I should dally with the others
> but I don't play it enough now

I don't think you have to actually let off and hit the trigger again, it
works just like before you got the fast reload, it just takes less time
(leaves out the animation). Saves a second or two which could save your
life, but it comes so late in the game that it is almost no help. I
guess it could make the difference on the final mission.

The "trick" to quick reloading before getting that upgrade is to simply
switch to another weapon and back. Every time you change guns it
magically reloads your clip on the previous one, so a quick mouse wheel
or controller button double tap and you have a fresh clip much faster
than the reload animation. Unless you are really fast it will be about
the same or slightly slower than the fast reload though.

To actually get the fast reload you have to do the supplemental mission
*after* you go to the shooting range on the mission (The Shootist out of
the Malibu if you are keeping track). Once you finish the mission that
introduces you to the shooting range you need to go back to the range and
score above 40 or 45 on the first target shoot (all you get to do after
the "real" mission is over :-( and you get the quick reload. But doing
that counts like a street race type mission, it isn't part of the story
missions.

Cyrus wrote:
> In article <425D947B.C26A5527@blueyonder.co.uk>,
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>sounds a bit weird. so you have to reload yourself?
>

> This is the way it was on ps2, so use that as a disclaimer. But yes.. to
> an extent. IIRC Holding the fire button without the fast reload
> capability, Tommy would simply go through the reload animation and keep
> firing. *With* the reload capability, after a clip if you were to hold
> the fire button he would just sit there. So another press of the fire
> button would start you on the next clip. It took getting acclimated, but
> after that its really quick between clips.

its the same on the pc, everytime the clip finished tommy would reload
the gun

Azerik wrote:

> >> This is the way it was on ps2, so use that as a disclaimer. But yes..
> >> an extent. IIRC Holding the fire button without the fast reload
> >> capability, Tommy would simply go through the reload animation and
> keep
> >
> >> firing. *With* the reload capability, after a clip if you were to hold
> >> the fire button he would just sit there. So another press of the fire
> >> button would start you on the next clip. It took getting acclimated,
> bu
> >> after that its really quick between clips.
> >
> > Cheers. I only have the ps2 version. I should dally with the others
> > but I don't play it enough now
>
> I don't think you have to actually let off and hit the trigger again, it
> works just like before you got the fast reload, it just takes less time
> (leaves out the animation). Saves a second or two which could save your
> life, but it comes so late in the game that it is almost no help. I
> guess it could make the difference on the final mission.
>
> The "trick" to quick reloading before getting that upgrade is to simply
> switch to another weapon and back. Every time you change guns it
> magically reloads your clip on the previous one, so a quick mouse wheel
> or controller button double tap and you have a fresh clip much faster
> than the reload animation. Unless you are really fast it will be about
> the same or slightly slower than the fast reload though.
>
> To actually get the fast reload you have to do the supplemental mission
> *after* you go to the shooting range on the mission (The Shootist out of
> the Malibu if you are keeping track). Once you finish the mission that
> introduces you to the shooting range you need to go back to the range and
> score above 40 or 45 on the first target shoot (all you get to do after
> the "real" mission is over :-( and you get the quick reload. But doing
> that counts like a street race type mission, it isn't part of the story
> missions.

It's so annoying when you get stuff so late on it's pointless. NFSU
gave you full body kits for your car just before the end of the proper
game!
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Alan

Thanks all of your nice reply and I have successfully get the fast
reload by getting more than 45 points in that shooting "game".

Once I want to say thanks for all of you to help me! It's really a
nice place to share and seek help. :)

In message <0sadnWyvPYSZUMDfRVn-rA@giganews.com>
"Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so> wrote:

> I've heard other people on this forum saying they've gone over 400 vigilante
> missions using the Hunter chopper. I think most people stop around then,
> because that's about when your money maxes out. So yeah, there's really no
> known end to vigilante missions. I don't know anyone masochistic enough to
> try and see what happens when you go past 999...

A (Fairly trustworthy) friend has told me it simply stays at 999. I
didn't even get bored after obtaining level 726, the damn thing threw a
disc error at me that I couldn't recover from. Normally a swift
eject/re-insert cd tray fixes this. Obviously I was a bit miffed, but
I'm going to wait until I've got another five hours to spare and find
out if the 999 thing is true.

And I've just started seeing a new special lady too *sniffs*

Cheers,
Rob

In message <5c1be954.0504131051.4e526cc8@posting.google.com>
alanwhl@gmail.com (Alan) wrote:

> I have visited a web (but I forgot the link..) and it said it is
> possible to increase the reload speed of weapon by finishing a mission
> for shooting in downtown. Is it true? I have completed successfully
> for one time (get 31, the target to beat is 30) but the reloading
> speed seems no difference. Would any one know about the details?
> Thanks again!

I could be wrong but I'm sure it's 45 to beat, which means you need to
get 46.

It does indeed give you the quick reload ability, so do it the first
chance you get (After 'The Shootist' mission I believe) and equip your
one-shot-kill-all Python for some cool Tap L2/R2 targetting!

It also means you have a shotgun that behaves slightly more like the
SPAS-12, but the rapid fire rocket launcher is far more fun :eek:)

Cheers,
Rob