what kind of memory is this?

I have a memory stick which I believe is sdram.

it has 168 pins and 8 chips.

each chip its marked as HY57V658020
TC - 10 (on 2nd line)
9815A KOREA (3rd line)

anybody could please tell me if this is 66mhx, pc-100 or 10ns, 64 or 128 mb.

what's the difference between 10ns and pc-100?

Thanks a lot
al

On 4 May 2004 09:23:38 -0700, alfomail@yahoo.com (alfonso gayoso) wrote:

>I have a memory stick which I believe is sdram.
>
>it has 168 pins and 8 chips.
>
>each chip its marked as HY57V658020
>TC - 10 (on 2nd line)
>9815A KOREA (3rd line)

The chips are 8Mx8bits (4banks of 2Mx8) SDRAM which are spec'd for 100MHz
operation with CL=3. IIRC, with a tAC=8ns, they can be marginal at 100MHz
when mounted on a DIMM. Hyundai also had TC-8, TC-10P and TC-10S parts in
that series of chips, which had tAC=6ns and were all capable of 100MHz
operation; the simple TC-10 was the slowest of the series.

>anybody could please tell me if this is 66mhx, pc-100 or 10ns, 64 or 128 mb.

Obviously its a single sided 64MByte DIMM. If it doesn't work at 100MHz,
it would not be surprising.

>what's the difference between 10ns and pc-100?

PC-100, implying 100MHz operation, could not be just translated to a mfr
spec'd cycle time. Different mfrs spec'd differently on that and IIRC
Micron used to have a tAC=6 for their 100MHz spec'd parts.

Rgds, George Macdonald