AMD beats Intel in desktop processor sales !!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

"the week ending April 24 AMD accounted for 52% of desktop CPU sales,
marking what is believed to be the first time the AMD has outsold Intel in a
retail channel, all without the help of Dell. "
http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1083689661.html

rms
2 answers Last reply
More about beats intel desktop processor sales
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    > "the week ending April 24 AMD accounted for 52% of desktop CPU sales,
    > marking what is believed to be the first time the AMD has outsold Intel in
    > retail channel, all without the help of Dell. "
    > http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1083689661.html
    >
    > rms

    Yes, Found to be completly wrong by other sources..
    The sample rates of this all seems to be where the flaws come in, I think
    it's easier to just look at the raw # of processors sold (granted that
    number is highly error prone too)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

    rstlne wrote:
    > "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    >> "the week ending April 24 AMD accounted for 52% of desktop CPU sales,
    >> marking what is believed to be the first time the AMD has outsold
    >> Intel in a retail channel, all without the help of Dell. "
    >> http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1083689661.html
    >
    > Yes, Found to be completly wrong by other sources..
    > The sample rates of this all seems to be where the flaws come in, I
    > think it's easier to just look at the raw # of processors sold
    > (granted that number is highly error prone too)

    I think they mentioned that in the overall PC market that same week, Intel
    had 61%, and AMD had 38%. Still pretty respectable, even if it was just for
    one week.

    Yousuf Khan

CPUs Hardware Desktops AMD Intel