AMD beats Intel in desktop processor sales !!

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 5, 2004 2:51:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

"the week ending April 24 AMD accounted for 52% of desktop CPU sales,
marking what is believed to be the first time the AMD has outsold Intel in a
retail channel, all without the help of Dell. "
http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1083689661.html

rms
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2004 5:45:29 AM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> "the week ending April 24 AMD accounted for 52% of desktop CPU sales,
> marking what is believed to be the first time the AMD has outsold Intel in
> retail channel, all without the help of Dell. "
> http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1083689661.html
>
> rms

Yes, Found to be completly wrong by other sources..
The sample rates of this all seems to be where the flaws come in, I think
it's easier to just look at the raw # of processors sold (granted that
number is highly error prone too)
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2004 10:37:59 AM

rstlne wrote:
> "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
>> "the week ending April 24 AMD accounted for 52% of desktop CPU sales,
>> marking what is believed to be the first time the AMD has outsold
>> Intel in a retail channel, all without the help of Dell. "
>> http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1083689661.html
>
> Yes, Found to be completly wrong by other sources..
> The sample rates of this all seems to be where the flaws come in, I
> think it's easier to just look at the raw # of processors sold
> (granted that number is highly error prone too)

I think they mentioned that in the overall PC market that same week, Intel
had 61%, and AMD had 38%. Still pretty respectable, even if it was just for
one week.

Yousuf Khan
!