GTA-SA--why all the locked cars?

I've beat the last main story mission and I'm running around taking over
gang territories and getting vehicles for the import/export dock, among
other things-- in connection with this last, I wanted to go get an
Infernus from where it's parked in a driveway in a neighborhood near the
southern end of the "Gant" Bridge (the Golden Gate knockoff). So I make
my way over there only to find that it was locked. I managed to jack
another one driving around in the neighborhood, but still...

And it's not just fancy sports cars either-- at the service station near
the docks in San Fierro there were two Tampas parked, and I grabbed one
of them and promptly destroyed it. When I came back there was the
second Tampa and another car. I tried to steal the second Tampa and
found that it was locked too, grrrr (BTW I love the Tampa for some
reason-- what real-world car is it supposed to be?)

I don't remember this many locked cars in GTA III or VC.
7 answers Last reply
More about locked cars

    José wrote:

    > I've beat the last main story mission and I'm running around taking over
    > gang territories and getting vehicles for the import/export dock, among
    > other things-- in connection with this last, I wanted to go get an
    > Infernus from where it's parked in a driveway in a neighborhood near the
    > southern end of the "Gant" Bridge (the Golden Gate knockoff). So I make
    > my way over there only to find that it was locked. I managed to jack
    > another one driving around in the neighborhood, but still...
    >
    > And it's not just fancy sports cars either-- at the service station near
    > the docks in San Fierro there were two Tampas parked, and I grabbed one
    > of them and promptly destroyed it. When I came back there was the
    > second Tampa and another car. I tried to steal the second Tampa and
    > found that it was locked too, grrrr (BTW I love the Tampa for some
    > reason-- what real-world car is it supposed to be?)
    >
    > I don't remember this many locked cars in GTA III or VC.

    I think it's just fluke, José unless they are on forecourts of car
    sales places and even then they aren't always locked. I have found
    some, but try going away and coming back.
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:48:55 -0700, José
    <papagenoREMOVETHIS@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I've beat the last main story mission and I'm running around taking over
    >gang territories and getting vehicles for the import/export dock, among
    >other things-- in connection with this last, I wanted to go get an
    >Infernus from where it's parked in a driveway in a neighborhood near the
    >southern end of the "Gant" Bridge (the Golden Gate knockoff). So I make
    >my way over there only to find that it was locked. I managed to jack
    >another one driving around in the neighborhood, but still...
    >
    >And it's not just fancy sports cars either-- at the service station near
    >the docks in San Fierro there were two Tampas parked, and I grabbed one
    >of them and promptly destroyed it. When I came back there was the
    >second Tampa and another car. I tried to steal the second Tampa and
    >found that it was locked too, grrrr (BTW I love the Tampa for some
    >reason-- what real-world car is it supposed to be?)
    >
    >I don't remember this many locked cars in GTA III or VC.

    yup. can't believe the number of regular vehicles that are locked.
    even boring station wagons, like the perennial. i believe there were
    2 of them at the SF lot by the hotel suite safe house in queens.

    strangely and opposite of GTAlll and VC, i finally found an alarm
    going off. this was up at mission hill, one of my many bike stunt
    spots. the hot dog guy is up there, along with a "coach" bus,
    and a pickup truck. ran into it, the alarm went off. in the previous 2
    games, alarms went off all the time.

    In article <bo036154csj68kh5hab3jntuuqp64aisb8@4ax.com>,
    Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:

    > strangely and opposite of GTAlll and VC, i finally found an alarm
    > going off. this was up at mission hill, one of my many bike stunt
    > spots. the hot dog guy is up there, along with a "coach" bus,
    > and a pickup truck. ran into it, the alarm went off. in the previous 2
    > games, alarms went off all the time.

    I too have run into very few car alarms. This is definitely a welcome
    change IMO. Thanks R*

    --
    Cyrus

    *coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

    Cyrus wrote:
    > In article <bo036154csj68kh5hab3jntuuqp64aisb8@4ax.com>,
    > Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:
    >

    >>strangely and opposite of GTAlll and VC, i finally found an alarm
    >>going off. this was up at mission hill, one of my many bike stunt
    >>spots. the hot dog guy is up there, along with a "coach" bus,
    >>and a pickup truck. ran into it, the alarm went off. in the previous 2
    >>games, alarms went off all the time.
    >>

    > I too have run into very few car alarms. This is definitely a welcome
    > change IMO. Thanks R*

    I prefer having the alarm go off over the doors being locked though
    unless R* come up with a way of unlocking locked doors
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <1162jv9murs2o14@corp.supernews.com>
    José <papagenoREMOVETHIS@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I don't remember this many locked cars in GTA III or VC.

    I certainly do, the Police cars in all three districts were locked most
    of the time. Sometimes just going away and coming back into the area
    unlocks them, I think the static cars respawn every time you re-enter
    and area, but I enjoy blowing them up first :o)

    GTA:SA doesn't seem to have many cars with alarms however, and I never
    saw any in VC at all.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Luke §ynchronizer wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:48:55 -0700, José
    > <papagenoREMOVETHIS@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I've beat the last main story mission and I'm running around taking over
    >>gang territories and getting vehicles for the import/export dock, among
    >>other things-- in connection with this last, I wanted to go get an
    >>Infernus from where it's parked in a driveway in a neighborhood near the
    >>southern end of the "Gant" Bridge (the Golden Gate knockoff). So I make
    >>my way over there only to find that it was locked. I managed to jack
    >>another one driving around in the neighborhood, but still...
    >>
    >>And it's not just fancy sports cars either-- at the service station near
    >>the docks in San Fierro there were two Tampas parked, and I grabbed one
    >>of them and promptly destroyed it. When I came back there was the
    >>second Tampa and another car. I tried to steal the second Tampa and
    >>found that it was locked too, grrrr (BTW I love the Tampa for some
    >>reason-- what real-world car is it supposed to be?)
    >>
    >>I don't remember this many locked cars in GTA III or VC.
    >

    > yup. can't believe the number of regular vehicles that are locked.
    > even boring station wagons, like the perennial. i believe there were
    > 2 of them at the SF lot by the hotel suite safe house in queens.
    >
    > strangely and opposite of GTAlll and VC, i finally found an alarm
    > going off. this was up at mission hill, one of my many bike stunt
    > spots. the hot dog guy is up there, along with a "coach" bus,
    > and a pickup truck. ran into it, the alarm went off. in the previous 2
    > games, alarms went off all the time.

    In a strange opposite to this, I've never encountered one locked car yet
    in San Andreas outside of those that are intended to be locked for
    game/mission purposes.

    Car alarms have been a steadily disapearing feature of the GTA series.
    They where quite regular in GTA3 but not so in VC (Which is
    understandable as car alarms where not as prevailant back then) and even
    rarer in San Andreas. I can only think that this is because Rockstars
    snooping research obviously told them people didn't like them.
    Personally I thought they offered a slight hint of reality and an added
    chance element of danger when jacking a car, because if the police are
    nearby when you set it off you get a star, even if they aren't in direct
    line of sight.

    --
    _ __ _ _ _ _ _
    | |/ / (_) | | | | | | |

    Keith H wrote:

    > Luke §ynchronizer wrote:
    > > On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:48:55 -0700, José
    > > <papagenoREMOVETHIS@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >>I've beat the last main story mission and I'm running around taking over
    > >>gang territories and getting vehicles for the import/export dock, among
    > >>other things-- in connection with this last, I wanted to go get an
    > >>Infernus from where it's parked in a driveway in a neighborhood near the
    > >>southern end of the "Gant" Bridge (the Golden Gate knockoff). So I make
    > >>my way over there only to find that it was locked. I managed to jack
    > >>another one driving around in the neighborhood, but still...
    > >>
    > >>And it's not just fancy sports cars either-- at the service station near
    > >>the docks in San Fierro there were two Tampas parked, and I grabbed one
    > >>of them and promptly destroyed it. When I came back there was the
    > >>second Tampa and another car. I tried to steal the second Tampa and
    > >>found that it was locked too, grrrr (BTW I love the Tampa for some
    > >>reason-- what real-world car is it supposed to be?)
    > >>
    > >>I don't remember this many locked cars in GTA III or VC.
    > >

    > > yup. can't believe the number of regular vehicles that are locked.
    > > even boring station wagons, like the perennial. i believe there were
    > > 2 of them at the SF lot by the hotel suite safe house in queens.
    > >
    > > strangely and opposite of GTAlll and VC, i finally found an alarm
    > > going off. this was up at mission hill, one of my many bike stunt
    > > spots. the hot dog guy is up there, along with a "coach" bus,
    > > and a pickup truck. ran into it, the alarm went off. in the previous 2
    > > games, alarms went off all the time.
    > >

    > In a strange opposite to this, I've never encountered one locked car yet
    > in San Andreas outside of those that are intended to be locked for
    > game/mission purposes.

    There's a small used car lot just above to old aerodrome on the way
    over to Las venturas. I've stopped there a couple of times when my
    cars have been near destroyed but almost always found the stuff there
    locked.
    --
    Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
    Stop and Look