LG VX 10 deleting address book

I purchased a used LG VX 10 that came without an owner's manual. I
did find the owner's manual and downloaded it.

However, the phone came with quite a few numbers in the address book.
I'd like to delete these. The manual says to highlight the entry and
press soft key 1 to delete the entry. That doesn't do anything.

How are unwanted entries deleted?

--
Tony Cooper
Orlando FL

In news:2v4je1tf2dno68bdvcmojcpmldsvdq55us@4ax.com,
Tony Cooper <tony_cooper213@earthlink.net> typed:
> I purchased a used LG VX 10 that came without an owner's manual. I
> did find the owner's manual and downloaded it.
>
> However, the phone came with quite a few numbers in the address book.
> I'd like to delete these. The manual says to highlight the entry and
> press soft key 1 to delete the entry. That doesn't do anything.
>
> How are unwanted entries deleted?

Don't have a VX10 but downloaded a copy of the user manual.
Page 64 tells how to clear all of the memory:
Clear Data (Menu Press (Right Toggle) four times )

Deletes all information saved in memory locations (001-199), schedule, and
wake up. Be careful since any deleted information is not recoverable.

1. Press Soft Key 1 Menu.

2. Press (Right Toggle) four times and press (4) Clear Data.

3. Enter the four-digit lock code.

4. Using the (Up/Down Toggle) then select Yes.

5. Press Soft Key 1 Ok.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:39:04 -0500, "IMHO IIRC" <nospam@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Don't have a VX10 but downloaded a copy of the user manual.
>Page 64 tells how to clear all of the memory:
>Clear Data (Menu Press (Right Toggle) four times )
>
>Deletes all information saved in memory locations (001-199), schedule, and
>wake up. Be careful since any deleted information is not recoverable.
>
>1. Press Soft Key 1 Menu.
>
>2. Press (Right Toggle) four times and press (4) Clear Data.
>
>3. Enter the four-digit lock code.
>
>4. Using the (Up/Down Toggle) then select Yes.
>
>5. Press Soft Key 1 Ok.

That did it. Thanks.

--
Tony Cooper