New Graphic Card / Appreciate Help do not understand these.

I just purchased a new ATI Radeon 9600XT and I am just trying to
straighten some matters out:

1. Most updated drivers or if I need the lastest update or not:
Radeon 9600 Series
Driver: ATI Technology
Driver Date: 9/12/03
Driver Vresion: 6.14.10.6387

ATI Media Center Configuration:
On the PC Check I have a few Failed:
MMX architecture
Checks that the CPU supports MMX instructions.
Test result: CPU does not support MMX.
Explanation: If your CPU does not support MMX, Multimedia Center
performance will be very limited. DVD, TV-ON-DEMAND™, and MPEG capture
will not function.
Recommendation: You will need to upgrade your CPU if it does not
support MMX. A PIII 600 or equivalent is the recommended minimum.

DirectX install
Checks the installation of DirectX.
Test result: DX not installed properly.
Explanation: DirectX is not properly installed. DVD and TV will not
work without the appropriate version of DirectX.
Recommendation: Re-install DirectX 8.1 or later.
I have the latest Direct X 9 Hotfix KB839643 so I do not understand this
error.

WDM (capture) drivers
Checks the WDM (capture) drivers.
Test result:
WDM devices INF file not installed.
WDM devices are not listed in registry.
WDM devices are not loaded or enumerated by the device manager.
WDM devices are not registered with DirectShow
Explanation: There is a problem with the WDM drivers. TV and video
capture must have these components.
Recommendation: Get the capture drivers and the recommended ATI display
driver from the ATI website:
Go to www.ati.com. In the CustomerCare column, under BUILT BY ATI, click
find a driver, and then follow the links to download the Recommended Driver.
Click Capture Driver follow the links to download the capture driver.
ALL-IN-WONDER and VIVO users must install this component for correct
operation of TV and video capture.

WARNING: These all have to do with the CD DVD and Hard Drives.
DMA
Checks if CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drives are installed, and if DMA Direct
Memory Access. Method of transferring data directly in and out of main
memory, bypassing the CPU. is enabled.
Test result: DMA not enabled.
Explanation: DMA is not enabled for your DVD-ROM drive.
Recommendation: DMA improves the performance of hard disks and DVD
drives by freeing the CPU of the data transfer task. If your CPU is
slower than 400MHz, DVD playback, video capture, and TV-ON-DEMAND™ will
not run properly. Faster CPUs may not exhibit serious problems, but will
still benefit from having DMA enabled.
If DMA is not enabled, you should try to enable it.
Note: enabling DMA on some older systems can cause undesirable results.
Please contact your DVD-ROM manufacturer or provider if you are
concerned about enabling DMA, or if you experience difficulties during
the procedure.
To enable DMA ...
Auto insert notification
Enabled or disabled
To enable Auto insert notification ...

[...]

Here is my current configuration:
Operating System Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (build 2600)
Gateway E-4600
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
1.90 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Board: Intel Corporation D850GB AAA49507-904
Serial Number: IMGB14421406
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. GB85010A.15A.0046.P13.0108201551 08/20/2001
Drives Memory Modules c,d
501.95 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
337.90 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
TDK CDRW5200B [CD-ROM drive]
TDK DVDRW840G [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]
Maxtor 4A300J0 [Hard drive] (300.00 GB) -- drive 1, s/n A80VM9HE, rev
RAMB1TV0, SMART Status: Healthy
Maxtor 6Y080L0 [Hard drive] (81.96 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y316A67E, rev
YAR41BW0, SMART Status: Healthy
WDC WD1200BB-50CAA1 [Hard drive] (120.03 GB) -- drive 2, s/n
WD-WMA8C2548307, rev 17.07W17, SMART Status: Healthy 1280 Megabytes
Installed Memory
Slot 'J7J1' has 512 MB
Slot 'J7J2' has 512 MB
Slot 'J8J1' has 128 MB
Slot 'J8J2' has 128 MB
Controllers Display
Standard floppy disk controller
Intel(r) 82801BA Bus Master IDE Controller
Primary IDE Channel [Controller]
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller]
RADEON 9600 SERIES [Display adapter]
RADEON 9600 SERIES - Secondary [Display adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (15.7"vis, s/n HVAW201185, February 2003)
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (15.7"vis, s/n HVAW201185, February 2003)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
WinXP Promise Ultra133 TX2 (tm) IDE Controller
Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444
ATI Desktop Component Version 6.14.10.5046 *
ATI External Event Utility for WindowsNT and Windows9X Version
6.14.4085.03 *
ATI Multimedia Center Version 8.6 *
ATI Smart Version 5.13.0013 *
ATI Technologies Inc. HydraVision Control Panel Version 3.25.0004 *
ATI Technologies Inc. HydraVision Setup Wizard Version 3.25.0004 *
NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 15.20 Version 5.13.01.1520 * GW
Tech Support assisted me to make sure that all the old drivers and
software where uninstalled but it doesn't look like it should I
uninstall this?

The non-detection of MMX and faulty detection of DMA are known issues -
they're not real.
Ignore them.

If you've removed an nVidia card, you can safely use

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

to remove what the uninstaller did not.

"RDBrimmer" <ronb21@att.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (15.7"vis, s/n HVAW201185, February 2003)
> Bus Adapters Multimedia
> WinXP Promise Ultra133 TX2 (tm) IDE Controller
> Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442
> Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444
> ATI Desktop Component Version 6.14.10.5046 *
> ATI External Event Utility for WindowsNT and Windows9X Version
> 6.14.4085.03 *
> ATI Multimedia Center Version 8.6 *
> ATI Smart Version 5.13.0013 *
> ATI Technologies Inc. HydraVision Control Panel Version 3.25.0004 *
> ATI Technologies Inc. HydraVision Setup Wizard Version 3.25.0004 *
> NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 15.20 Version 5.13.01.1520 * GW
> Tech Support assisted me to make sure that all the old drivers and
> software where uninstalled but it doesn't look like it should I

Thanks, Ed

Ron