Seeking Biostar Bios Chip Info (M6TBA 1.4)

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 23, 2004 12:40:20 AM

Hi I've got a couple PII boards, which I foolishly removed the bios
chips on. I've probably still got the chips, but can't figure out
which goes to what. I have the bios file and an external programmer.

If anyone has an M6TBA ver 1.4, could you let me know what the exact
type of 32 pin chip is that they use.

please reply in the newsgroup

Thanks a lot!
George

PS- The other biosless board is a Shuttle Hot661, but I see they have
their own group. I'll go ask over there unless someone knows that one
too.
May 24, 2004 3:11:36 AM

George <george@nomail.com> wrote :

> Hi I've got a couple PII boards, which I foolishly removed the bios
> chips on. I've probably still got the chips, but can't figure out
> which goes to what. I have the bios file and an external programmer.
>
> If anyone has an M6TBA ver 1.4, could you let me know what the exact
> type of 32 pin chip is that they use.
>
> please reply in the newsgroup
>
> Thanks a lot!
> George
>
> PS- The other biosless board is a Shuttle Hot661, but I see they have
> their own group. I'll go ask over there unless someone knows that one
> too.

ordinary eprom is fine

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30/

On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:11:36 +0000 (UTC), RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl>
wrote:
>ordinary eprom is fine
>Pozdrawiam.

RusH,

Thanks! Assuming this is for the Biostar, do you mean *not* a flash
chip, but an actual (UV type) EPROM? I don't think any of the ones
I've dealt with go up that far in capacity, but I'll look into it. The
bios file itself looks to be 256k.

When I looked at flash chip pinouts a while back, not only were there
a variety of programming voltages, but the pin configurations were way
different from one brand to the next.

-Take Care
May 24, 2004 10:03:52 PM

George <george@nomail.com> wrote :

> On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:11:36 +0000 (UTC), RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl>
> wrote:
>>ordinary eprom is fine
>>Pozdrawiam.
>
> RusH,
>
> Thanks! Assuming this is for the Biostar, do you mean *not* a flash
> chip, but an actual (UV type) EPROM?

yes, the only difference between the two will be "unknown flash"
message when booting

> I don't think any of the ones
> I've dealt with go up that far in capacity, but I'll look into it.
The
> bios file itself looks to be 256k.
>
> When I looked at flash chip pinouts a while back, not only were there
> a variety of programming voltages, but the pin configurations were
way
> different from one brand to the next.

pins are fine after you flash it in the programmer, alternativelly you
can take any flash chip from broken board and flash it with 'uniflash'
with the hotswap trick

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //