Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which New Phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:07:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

So my contract is up, and I get new hardware at a $100 discount. Woo
Hoo!!

There's two new killer phones out now: The Moto 810 and the LG 8100.

Anybody got an opinion on which is better? They seem to have cured the
main problems with the predecessors, the Moto 710 and the LG 8000. Both
now have Bluetooth and ED-VO. Both have memory card slots.

Is the camera on the MOTO still inferior to the LG? Are the internal
screens equivalent, or is one better?

Is there anything about one that is significantly better than the other,
or is it jsut a matter of personal preference?

--
Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup.
They slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe.

--John Lennon

More about : phone

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:07:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hands down, the E815. Motorola has supreme reception, and it looks
better (more simple) *This is an opinion* The claim described herein
has not been substantiated by any research or technical data, therefore
any attempt to discredit my statement will be disregarded as stupidity
and a waste of bandwidth.


--
Friendly
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181469.html
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 9:35:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:29:45 -0500, Friendly wrote:

> Hands down, the E815. Motorola has supreme reception, and it looks
> better (more simple) *This is an opinion* The claim described herein
> has not been substantiated by any research or technical data, therefore
> any attempt to discredit my statement will be disregarded as stupidity
> and a waste of bandwidth.

Yea, but Moto still insists on using that stupid power connector that is
well known for causing problems when trying to charge your battery.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:13:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Well if the E815 is that good, why did Motorola pulled it from its site today?
You cannot find it anymore.

CellGuy <cellguy@seemessagebody.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:29:45 -0500, Friendly wrote:
>
>> Hands down, the E815. Motorola has supreme reception, and it looks
>> better (more simple) *This is an opinion* The claim described herein
>> has not been substantiated by any research or technical data, therefore
>> any attempt to discredit my statement will be disregarded as stupidity
>> and a waste of bandwidth.
>
>Yea, but Moto still insists on using that stupid power connector that is
>well known for causing problems when trying to charge your battery.


----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:07:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

LrdAnlh wrote:
> Well if the E815 is that good, why did Motorola pulled it from its site today?
> You cannot find it anymore.

At least for Verizon Wireless, it was found that some 815's were shipped
without Vcast, so they called them back to put the right software on
them. Since Vcast is a big cash cow for VZW, this was high priority.
Much discussion on this on the HowardForums Verizon Wireless forum.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:07:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> > Well if the E815 is that good, why did Motorola pulled it from its site today?
> > You cannot find it anymore.
>
> At least for Verizon Wireless, it was found that some 815's were shipped
> without Vcast, so they called them back to put the right software on
> them. Since Vcast is a big cash cow for VZW, this was high priority.
> Much discussion on this on the HowardForums Verizon Wireless forum.

Again, the agony for the VZW Moto's is caused by VZW...not Moto.

TH
July 14, 2005 1:39:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

If the cameras on the new models are equivalent to their predecessors then
the 8100 trounces the 815. The 8000 has one of the best cameras around and
the 710 was not given a good rating for it's camera when it came out.

<EskWIRED@spamblock.panix.com> wrote in message
news:D b0fa7$rb1$2@reader2.panix.com...
> So my contract is up, and I get new hardware at a $100 discount. Woo
> Hoo!!
>
> There's two new killer phones out now: The Moto 810 and the LG 8100.
>
> Anybody got an opinion on which is better? They seem to have cured the
> main problems with the predecessors, the Moto 710 and the LG 8000. Both
> now have Bluetooth and ED-VO. Both have memory card slots.
>
> Is the camera on the MOTO still inferior to the LG? Are the internal
> screens equivalent, or is one better?
>
> Is there anything about one that is significantly better than the other,
> or is it jsut a matter of personal preference?
>
> --
> Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup.
> They slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe.
>
> --John Lennon
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 9:44:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

With the 815, you can enable a lot of the features that Verizon
crippled. I just got mine a couple days ago and am reading my yahoo
email, google and even craigslist from the phone...not even hitting
Morizen's WAP gateway. Still waiting on a cable to edit the seem. I
have all the software...even have my own MMS server ready to replace
PixPlace (php...installed on my web site today...FREE!). There are a
lot of resources out there to get the most out of this phone. Try HoFo.


--
tuxtom
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181469.html
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 6:40:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <tuxtom.1sb88y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
tuxtom <tuxtom.1sb88y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

> With the 815, you can enable a lot of the features that Verizon
> crippled. I just got mine a couple days ago and am reading my yahoo
> email, google and even craigslist from the phone

Are you reading it *on* the phone or using your phone as a BT modem for
your laptop?

Is it costing you just minutes, no data services?

thx,

m-m
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 9:01:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Friendly wrote:
> Hands down, the E815. Motorola has supreme reception, and
> it looks better (more simple) *This is an opinion* The
> claim described herein has not been substantiated by any
> research or technical data, therefore any attempt to
> discredit my statement will be disregarded as stupidity
> and a waste of bandwidth.

Can we discredit your posting your unsubstantiated statement?
We gotta discredit something.

-Quick
!