backdate your calling plan no more prorate!

Last response: in Network Providers
July 12, 2005 11:09:29 AM

Verizon Wiress upgraded their billing systems in some areas. Yes you can now
backdate your calling plan anytime during the month if you are going over
your minutes you can go to a higher plan. You must make the calling plan
change before the start of your next billing cycle.

Nathan
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 9:07:53 PM

Nathanls wrote:
> Verizon Wiress upgraded their billing systems in some
> areas. Yes you can now backdate your calling plan anytime
> during the month if you are going over your minutes you
> can go to a higher plan. You must make the calling plan
> change before the start of your next billing cycle.

Do you still have the option to prorate?

-Quick
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 9:11:58 PM

Nathanls wrote:
> Verizon Wiress upgraded their billing systems in some
> areas. Yes you can now backdate your calling plan anytime
> during the month if you are going over your minutes you
> can go to a higher plan. You must make the calling plan
> change before the start of your next billing cycle.

No restrictions? This could be better than Sprint's thing.
Evaluate your usage towards the end of each month and
switch to the least expensive plan that covers it.

-Quick
July 12, 2005 11:17:26 PM

Quick wrote:
> Nathanls wrote:
>> Verizon Wiress upgraded their billing systems in some
>> areas. Yes you can now backdate your calling plan anytime
>> during the month if you are going over your minutes you
>> can go to a higher plan. You must make the calling plan
>> change before the start of your next billing cycle.
>
> No restrictions? This could be better than Sprint's thing.
> Evaluate your usage towards the end of each month and
> switch to the least expensive plan that covers it.

When backdating was available several years ago, I believe it could only be
used when UPgrading.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 11:43:13 PM

Slobby Don wrote:
> Quick wrote:
>> Nathanls wrote:
>>> Verizon Wiress upgraded their billing systems in some
>>> areas. Yes you can now backdate your calling plan
>>> anytime during the month if you are going over your
>>> minutes you can go to a higher plan. You must make the
>>> calling plan change before the start of your next
>>> billing cycle.
>>
>> No restrictions? This could be better than Sprint's
>> thing. Evaluate your usage towards the end of each month
>> and switch to the least expensive plan that covers it.
>>
> When backdating was available several years ago, I
> believe it could only be used when UPgrading.

That would only reduce the effectiveness a bit. Backdate
when upgrading and prorate when downgrading? Chances
are better that you would be OK prorating when downgrading.

-Quick
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 1:19:36 AM

yes you can only backdate when going up on calling plan price. this will not
affect your contract as long as you stay on the same promo. also you can
future date the plan to go back down to the old plan then move your plan to
whatever you need again next month.
as you may know sprints plan is a lot more expensive.

"Slobby Don" <reply@thru.ng> wrote in message
> Quick wrote:
>> Nathanls wrote:
>>> Verizon Wiress upgraded their billing systems in some
>>> areas. Yes you can now backdate your calling plan anytime
>>> during the month if you are going over your minutes you
>>> can go to a higher plan. You must make the calling plan
>>> change before the start of your next billing cycle.
>>
>> No restrictions? This could be better than Sprint's thing.
>> Evaluate your usage towards the end of each month and
>> switch to the least expensive plan that covers it.
>>
> When backdating was available several years ago, I believe it could only
> be
> used when UPgrading.

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 3:15:23 AM

> >> No restrictions? This could be better than Sprint's
> >> thing. Evaluate your usage towards the end of each month
> >> and switch to the least expensive plan that covers it.
> >>
> > When backdating was available several years ago, I
> > believe it could only be used when UPgrading.
>
> That would only reduce the effectiveness a bit. Backdate
> when upgrading and prorate when downgrading? Chances
> are better that you would be OK prorating when downgrading.
>
> -Quick

Doesn't VZW make you renew your contract when you change rate plans or
else you lose n/w and m2m? That would make sense to try and lock as
many people into contracts (or extend them) as possible.

TH
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 9:29:04 AM

It may even give you bonus minutes. Did a plan change today, and got a full
450 minutes for use in the next three days of the billing cycle, and no
pro-rate. Neat and well over-due. dr.
--
dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
used to)

"Nathanls" <nathanls98 at gmail dot com> wrote in message
> Verizon Wiress upgraded their billing systems in some areas. Yes you can
> now backdate your calling plan anytime during the month if you are going
> over your minutes you can go to a higher plan. You must make the calling
> plan change before the start of your next billing cycle.
>
> Nathan

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 9:30:59 AM

Sorry, not true in the Midwest/Illinois market. Did a change from an old
LDC1000 $39.99 to a new America Choice $39.99 and got the plan change
without prorate, AND did not reset the contract end date. Was 2006, is
still 2006. It isn't what you do, it is how you do it. dr
--

> yes you can only backdate when going up on calling plan price. this will
> not affect your contract as long as you stay on the same promo. also you
> can future date the plan to go back down to the old plan then move your
> plan to whatever you need again next month.
> as you may know sprints plan is a lot more expensive.
>
> "Slobby Don" <reply@thru.ng> wrote in message
>> Quick wrote:
>>>
>>> No restrictions? This could be better than Sprint's thing.
>>> Evaluate your usage towards the end of each month and
>>> switch to the least expensive plan that covers it.
>>>
>> When backdating was available several years ago, I believe it could only
>> be
>> used when UPgrading.

July 13, 2005 1:08:21 PM

> Sorry, not true in the Midwest/Illinois market. Did a change from an old
> LDC1000 $39.99 to a new America Choice $39.99 and got the plan change
> without prorate

Did you make your change before or after 7/12/05? The OP posted on 7/12/05
that you can "now" do this. Yesterday was 7/12/05.

-Frank
!