Firebox X worth the upgrade price?

I am contemplating either upgrading my current Firebox III 700's
subscription and extending it's warranty OR turning it in for a $480 credit
and getting the new Firebox X. I was wondering if there was anyone else out
there that went the second route and if so, was it worth the cost?
Upgrading the software subscription will only cost around $700 but doing the
full upgrade is a bigger $2,200 with all of the extras that I currently
have.

In article <ZRBGc.410$Ue.397@text.usenetserver.com>, jgallas@hotmail.com
says...
> I am contemplating either upgrading my current Firebox III 700's
> subscription and extending it's warranty OR turning it in for a $480 credit
> and getting the new Firebox X. I was wondering if there was anyone else out
> there that went the second route and if so, was it worth the cost?
> Upgrading the software subscription will only cost around $700 but doing the
> full upgrade is a bigger $2,200 with all of the extras that I currently
> have.

I've installed a ton of 700, 1000, and a few 2500's and a couple X, but
don't see where customers benefit from the X series unless they expect
their networks to change over a short period.

If you've not outgrown the 700, and still have plenty of processing
power left, I would save the cost and just renew the licenses and
support.

spamfree999@rrohio.com
(Remove 999 to reply to me)

"Jason Gallas" <jgallas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am contemplating either upgrading my current Firebox III 700's
> subscription and extending it's warranty OR turning it in for a $480
credit
> and getting the new Firebox X. I was wondering if there was anyone else
out
> there that went the second route and if so, was it worth the cost?
> Upgrading the software subscription will only cost around $700 but doing
the
> full upgrade is a bigger $2,200 with all of the extras that I currently
> have.

Why spend money for no reason. if it does the job you need now just renew
the maintenence.