Internet Explorer & Kerio Problem

Paul

Splendid

Hi, Hope you can help with this one.

I have Kerio installed and up to today it's been working fine. However,
after spotting a couple of connections in my network connections folder
which should not have been there and deleting them I now cannot open IE 6
unless I disable Kerio, and then re-enable it once IE is up and running.
Once this happens there are no problems at all.

When I try to open IE I get the message "windows cannot access the specified
device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access
the item". Needless to say I am the Administrator (XP Home). I have run
spybot and ad-aware and keep these, my Norton 2004 AV, Kerio and Windows
completely up to date RELIGIOUSLY!. Nothing was found by any of them.

I tried un-installing and re-installing Kerio but no joy here. I cannot open
IE from the desktop or direct from the program folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Paul.

>I have Kerio installed and up to today it's been working fine. However,
>after spotting a couple of connections in my network connections folder
>which should not have been there and deleting them I now cannot open IE 6
>unless I disable Kerio, and then re-enable it once IE is up and running.

Which connections did you feel should not be there?
crash@gpick.com?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
http://lists.gpick.com

"\"Crash\" Dummy" <dvader@deathstar.mil> wrote in message news:<10em1enouhqnj7f@corp.supernews.com>...
> >I have Kerio installed and up to today it's been working fine. However,
> >after spotting a couple of connections in my network connections folder
> >which should not have been there and deleting them I now cannot open IE 6
> >unless I disable Kerio, and then re-enable it once IE is up and running.
>
> Which connections did you feel should not be there?

I was dreading someone asking me this cos it makes me look like a
total idiot! - I cannot remember and after I'd done it, I looked in
the recylce bin and they were not there. I think they were something
like Axis or something similar. Thing is, I have broadband and no
"dial up" - I don't even have a dial up modem installed anymore.
Therefore the only one which should ever be there, IMO, is the ADSL
connection. If there is something else it gets deleted, this time
though it's obviously caused a bit of a problem.

I also installed pinnacle studio 9 last night, if I use system restore
to go back to say, Saturday when everything worked fine, is that
likely to mess up the registry and not make Studio work again? Any
benefits in using System Restore - in the past when I have had
problems it's been no use at all?

Cheers.