XP remote access

How secure is the remotte access that is bundled with Windows XP? Would I be
able to manage a computer from 3000 miles away? If it is not very secure,
can I make it better with some other software? What about another program
such as PCAnywere?

"Jesse Johnston" <jes173@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| How secure is the remotte access that is bundled with Windows XP? Would I
be
| able to manage a computer from 3000 miles away? If it is not very secure,
| can I make it better with some other software? What about another program
| such as PCAnywere?

The XP Remote desktop is 128 bit encrypted as standard. It depends how
secure you want things. It is possible to run it through either a VPN or
SSH if you feel the need. I use SSH as it means that I only have to have
port 22 open on the firewall and thus any port scans don't show the RDC as
open. Although I'm not aware of any RDC vulnerabilities yet I still fell
safer like this.

HTH

--
Chris Lewis

Justin

I would agree, tunnel it through SSH if you wanna really feel secure.
As we all know Microsoft is inherent with day to day new
vulnerabilities, so I defiantly suggest you use ssh to tunnel the
rdesktop session if you wanna be safe.

Justin