Virus?

Last response: in Computer Brands
July 24, 2004 10:45:59 PM

I put zone alarm on a friends computer and we keep getting alerts saying
different sites are either attempting to
contact the internet on access the computer, I gave up witing the addresses
down after about 14.
While most are number addresses there were two blackson.net and
2rseller.com.
Iran different virus checkers on the computer but didn't find anything, is
there a virus on the computer?
Also is there some where I can download all the windowxp updates using my
computer on broadband as he is on slow dial up.
Stan...

More about : virus

Anonymous
July 25, 2004 5:49:56 AM

Stan;
Perform the steps in yellow on this link:

You can download the updates from the Windows Update Catalog and burn
to CD.
That and other options, #1 on this link:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/wufix.htm

--
Jupiter Jones

"Stan..." <so978@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p P6dndMyA8FEjZ7cRVn-qg@comcast.com...
> I put zone alarm on a friends computer and we keep getting alerts
saying
> different sites are either attempting to
> contact the internet on access the computer, I gave up witing the
addresses
> down after about 14.
> While most are number addresses there were two blackson.net and
> 2rseller.com.
> Iran different virus checkers on the computer but didn't find
anything, is
> there a virus on the computer?
> Also is there some where I can download all the windowxp updates
using my
> computer on broadband as he is on slow dial up.
> Stan...
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 8:36:50 AM

Add to the list at the telus web page:

Download spybot 1.3, update it with the latest stuff, run it, and tell it to
delete everything it finds... Ben Myers

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:49:56 GMT, "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com>
wrote:

>Stan;
>Perform the steps in yellow on this link:
>http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/slowcom.htm
>
>You can download the updates from the Windows Update Catalog and burn
>to CD.
>That and other options, #1 on this link:
>http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/wufix.htm
>
>--
>Jupiter Jones
>http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

>"Stan..." <so978@comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:p P6dndMyA8FEjZ7cRVn-qg@comcast.com...
>> I put zone alarm on a friends computer and we keep getting alerts
>saying
>> different sites are either attempting to
>> contact the internet on access the computer, I gave up witing the
>addresses
>> down after about 14.
>> While most are number addresses there were two blackson.net and
>> 2rseller.com.
>> Iran different virus checkers on the computer but didn't find
>anything, is
>> there a virus on the computer?
>> Also is there some where I can download all the windowxp updates
>using my
>> computer on broadband as he is on slow dial up.
>> Stan...

July 25, 2004 1:52:51 PM

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:45:59 -0700, "Stan..." <so978@comcast.net>
wrote:

>While most are number addresses

Make sure that the "numbered" ones are not your own computer cross
talking with itself, ie. numbers such as x.x.0.0 or x.x.x.0

One mine, my log always showed where xxx.xxx.0.0 (the address of my
trusted zone) was cross talking with my network at 255.255.255.0
before I configured it to not show all that any more.

> there were two blackson.net and 2rseller.com.

Blackson.net shows me nothing more than a one liner on the screen
saying "Blackson.Net Test Page" and 2rseller.com shows up as a
non-site. I get no firewall action from the blackson site.

Anyway, make sure your firewall activity isn't a lot of inner traffic.
ZA takes a bit of setting up when first installed, telling it what you
want to pass and what not to pass, what to log and what not to log and
what to alert on and what not to alert on. Not sure of the free
version but the pro version allows you to "curb" the amount of
listings in the log and alert pop ups by telling it to not show
specific hits and traffic such as inner system traffic and/or traffic
you manually insert. I'm using ZA Pro v4.5.594 since version 5.x is
real buggy right now and there seems to be a lot of major issues with
it according to traffic on the ZA forum.

Regards,
TR
!