Virus?

I put zone alarm on a friends computer and we keep getting alerts saying
different sites are either attempting to
contact the internet on access the computer, I gave up witing the addresses
down after about 14.
While most are number addresses there were two blackson.net and
2rseller.com.
Iran different virus checkers on the computer but didn't find anything, is
there a virus on the computer?
Also is there some where I can download all the windowxp updates using my
computer on broadband as he is on slow dial up.
Stan...
3 answers Last reply
More about virus

    Stan;
    Perform the steps in yellow on this link:

    You can download the updates from the Windows Update Catalog and burn
    to CD.
    That and other options, #1 on this link:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/wufix.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones

    "Stan..." <so978@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I put zone alarm on a friends computer and we keep getting alerts
    saying
    > different sites are either attempting to
    > contact the internet on access the computer, I gave up witing the
    addresses
    > down after about 14.
    > While most are number addresses there were two blackson.net and
    > 2rseller.com.
    > Iran different virus checkers on the computer but didn't find
    anything, is
    > there a virus on the computer?
    > Also is there some where I can download all the windowxp updates
    using my
    > computer on broadband as he is on slow dial up.
    > Stan...

    Add to the list at the telus web page:

    Download spybot 1.3, update it with the latest stuff, run it, and tell it to
    delete everything it finds... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:45:59 -0700, "Stan..." <so978@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >While most are number addresses

    Make sure that the "numbered" ones are not your own computer cross
    talking with itself, ie. numbers such as x.x.0.0 or x.x.x.0

    One mine, my log always showed where xxx.xxx.0.0 (the address of my
    trusted zone) was cross talking with my network at 255.255.255.0
    before I configured it to not show all that any more.

    > there were two blackson.net and 2rseller.com.

    Blackson.net shows me nothing more than a one liner on the screen
    saying "Blackson.Net Test Page" and 2rseller.com shows up as a
    non-site. I get no firewall action from the blackson site.

    Anyway, make sure your firewall activity isn't a lot of inner traffic.
    ZA takes a bit of setting up when first installed, telling it what you
    want to pass and what not to pass, what to log and what not to log and
    what to alert on and what not to alert on. Not sure of the free
    version but the pro version allows you to "curb" the amount of
    listings in the log and alert pop ups by telling it to not show
    specific hits and traffic such as inner system traffic and/or traffic
    you manually insert. I'm using ZA Pro v4.5.594 since version 5.x is
    real buggy right now and there seems to be a lot of major issues with
    it according to traffic on the ZA forum.

    Regards,
    TR

Gateway Virus Computer Dial Up Connection Computers