CPU install problem

I just installed a new Intel CPU - P4 3.06/533FSB in my motherboard
P4T533-C. MBM is reporting 1.2 as the speed. I went into the Bios
and can only select a maximum speed of 1200MHZ. The multiplier is
showing 12x and the Vcore is showing 1.2V. I had the motherboard on
jumper free mode and had been using a P4 1.8 /400MHZ before this.

I ran CPU ID and it shows that the CPU is an Intel 3.06G, Internal
Clock -1205.33, System Bus 401.78MHZ, System Clock 100.44MHZ

What else do I need to set-up ? Or have I just purchased a bad CPU ?
Please help.
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about install problem

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:51:36 -0400, Malam <malamilia@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I just installed a new Intel CPU - P4 3.06/533FSB in my motherboard
    >P4T533-C. MBM is reporting 1.2 as the speed. I went into the Bios
    >and can only select a maximum speed of 1200MHZ. The multiplier is
    >showing 12x and the Vcore is showing 1.2V. I had the motherboard on
    >jumper free mode and had been using a P4 1.8 /400MHZ before this.
    >
    >I ran CPU ID and it shows that the CPU is an Intel 3.06G, Internal
    >Clock -1205.33, System Bus 401.78MHZ, System Clock 100.44MHZ
    >
    >What else do I need to set-up ? Or have I just purchased a bad CPU ?
    >Please help.
    >Thanks.

    Try 133 instead of 100 (533)
    Ed

    wrote:

    >I just installed a new Intel CPU - P4 3.06/533FSB in my motherboard
    >P4T533-C. MBM is reporting 1.2 as the speed. I went into the Bios
    >and can only select a maximum speed of 1200MHZ. The multiplier is
    >showing 12x and the Vcore is showing 1.2V. I had the motherboard on
    >jumper free mode and had been using a P4 1.8 /400MHZ before this.
    >
    >I ran CPU ID and it shows that the CPU is an Intel 3.06G, Internal
    >Clock -1205.33, System Bus 401.78MHZ, System Clock 100.44MHZ
    >
    >What else do I need to set-up ? Or have I just purchased a bad CPU ?
    >Please help.
    >Thanks.

    Make sure the board is on jumperless mode and then let it run a bit.
    I installed a new 3.2 Prescott into my P4P800-SE. At initial bootup
    it reported it at a lower frequency (1800 or 2800, I can't recall)
    than normal, but after another reboot or two without mishap, it and
    the OS (WinXP) saw the proc at the right speed (3200). This may be a
    default characteristic of ASUS boards. Incidently, my proc was a
    boxed retail chip/hsf from Newegg. Good luck.
    regards,

    =======
    fredman
    =======