NX bit in all AMD 64 CPUs?

The press release about AMD 3400+ FX53 64bit
http://www.vnunet.com/news/1153631

makes it sounds that NX bits are first introduced in this chip.
Is it true, or all 64bit CPUs have it?

Btw FX53 is the most overpriced processor every sold by AMD.
It looks like they are becoming able to rip some premium this
days.

Regards,
Evgenij

*science&fiction*free programs*fine art*phylosophy:
http://sudy_zhenja.tripod.com
----------remove hate_spam to answer--------------
4 answers Last reply
More about cpus

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:36:44 -0500, Evgenij Barsukov
    <e-barsoukov2_hate_spam@ti.com> wrote:

    >The press release about AMD 3400+ FX53 64bit
    >http://www.vnunet.com/news/1153631
    >
    >makes it sounds that NX bits are first introduced in this chip.
    >Is it true, or all 64bit CPUs have it?
    >
    >Btw FX53 is the most overpriced processor every sold by AMD.
    >It looks like they are becoming able to rip some premium this
    >days.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Evgenij

    Look at the price of this cpu.

    INTEL XEON P4 3.2GHZ 533MHZ FSB S604 2M CACHE RETAIL BOX $1,695.38
    CAD

    That's Canadian dollars, but still a crazy price.

    Or how about this one?

    INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.4GHZ EXTREME EDITION 800FSB S478 P4 HT 512K L2 2M
    L3 RETAIL BOX $1,537.18 CAD

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:36:44 -0500, Evgenij Barsukov
    <e-barsoukov2_hate_spam@ti.com> wrote:
    >The press release about AMD 3400+ FX53 64bit
    >http://www.vnunet.com/news/1153631
    >
    >makes it sounds that NX bits are first introduced in this chip.
    >Is it true, or all 64bit CPUs have it?

    Any article that starts out by talking about the NX bit for memory
    pages as being "hardware antivirus technology" is CERTAIN to be full
    of technical errors. This article is no exception.

    As you've correctly guessed, all of AMD's Athlon64 and Opteron chips
    have this feature.

    >Btw FX53 is the most overpriced processor every sold by AMD.
    >It looks like they are becoming able to rip some premium this
    >days.

    The old Athlon classic 1GHz processor sold for ~$1200 when it first
    came out. The FX53 is priced at $799... Just to keep things in
    perspective. Also remember that the chip this is competing against,
    Intel's P4 Extreme Edition, tops the scales just shy of the $1000
    mark.

    Is it a rip-off? Of course it is! Every top-end processor is ALWAYS
    a rip-off! Surely anyone who's been following these things for any
    length of time knows that!

    -------------
    Tony Hill

    Bitstring <pvsrf05edp4i8pqp5bmiq6l861abt52tg5@4ax.com>, from the
    wonderful person Tony Hill <hilla_nospam_20@yahoo.ca> said
    <snip>
    >Is it a rip-off? Of course it is! Every top-end processor is ALWAYS
    >a rip-off! Surely anyone who's been following these things for any
    >length of time knows that!

    Now now, 'rip off' is a bit strong.

    How about 'our new top-of-the-line processor pricing offers techno-nerds
    an opportunity to personally support and sponsor the advancement of IC
    technology'. 8>.

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

CPUs AMD