Fun with the Family

Good ol insomnia has allowed me time to screw around with the grove gang.
One funny thing is recruiting six of them, locking onto a seventh and
throwing a punch at him so the 6 start shooting at him. While they're
shooting at him I recruit him as the 7th and last member. This confuses the
whole gang and they all start walking backwards while shooting in the air.
In the right spots they back track to their deaths.

I Also like getting a full crew and going to one of the bridges above the
floodgate. I tell them to wait here while at the top on the bridge then go
down into the floodgate. Once at the bottom I tell them to come here. They
scream their way off the bridges to the bottom. Once there I tell them to
wait here again, go back to the top of the bridge and push a car down on
them.

How do you "tell them to wait here"? Obviously I am a very poor
man-manager.

> How do you "tell them to wait here"? Obviously I am a very poor
> man-manager.

Shoot them in the knees?

G Hardy wrote:

> > How do you "tell them to wait here"? Obviously I am a very poor
> > man-manager.
>
> Shoot them in the knees?

:O) You push down on the D pad if memory serves me right, then up for
the come here... if not it's the other way round
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> :O) You push down on the D pad if memory serves me right, then up for
> the come here... if not it's the other way round

By the time I get to play, it will have a keyboard mapping - I'm waiting for
it to come out on PC. My stepson's got it - but I'm not so desperate to play
that I've venture into that pit he calls a "bedroom".

G Hardy wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > :O) You push down on the D pad if memory serves me right, then up for
> > the come here... if not it's the other way round
>
> By the time I get to play, it will have a keyboard mapping - I'm waiting for
> it to come out on PC. My stepson's got it - but I'm not so desperate to play
> that I've venture into that pit he calls a "bedroom".

:O) I have had it virtually since day one and despite the niggles
it's great. At least you should be able to play without worrying it
will kill your ps2!

--

G Hardy wrote:

> > How do you "tell them to wait here"? Obviously I am a very poor
> > man-manager.
>
> Shoot them in the knees?

>:O) You push down on the D pad if memory serves me right, then up for
the come here... if not it's the other way round>

This way is the correct way. Also hold down or up the d-pad for like 5
mintutes to have the gang disperse. I'm going to screw around with it
tonight using the recruit anyone cheat. Regular citizens should die from the
fall off the bridge. Plus I can get to here women scream from the fall which
I haven't heard yet from having cops and ganstas take the fall; yeah I know
I'm sick.

> :O) I have had it virtually since day one and despite the niggles
> it's great. At least you should be able to play without worrying it
> will kill your ps2!

That's not something to do with overheating, is it?

He's got one of those slimline PS2s and it runs rather warm.

G Hardy wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > :O) I have had it virtually since day one and despite the niggles
> > it's great. At least you should be able to play without worrying it
> > will kill your ps2!
>
> That's not something to do with overheating, is it?
>
> He's got one of those slimline PS2s and it runs rather warm.

No, It was an older model and had been making that awful grinding
noise. I ran SA in it for a little while but every day it got worse. I
would take CJ into the changing rooms in shops and it would lock up
grinding and rattling. I then tried other games and it seemed to be
wrecked. I went out and bought a new model and although it does run
warm it plays fine, though the game has glitches which can scare you
sometimes.

I have since looked online and found that reseating the laser arm in
the old ps2 might help with the grinding, and sure enough that and a
little grease and it runs silent, but it gave a DRE on the very first
game I tried after a few minutes. I probably need to do some fine
adjusting to either the lasers or the small white wheel which have
both been pointed out as possible answers but nowadays I am so cack
handed I daredn't even start.
--

> That's not something to do with overheating, is it?
>
> He's got one of those slimline PS2s and it runs rather warm.

<No, It was an older model and had been making that awful grinding
noise. I ran SA in it for a little while but every day it got worse. I
would take CJ into the changing rooms in shops and it would lock up
grinding and rattling. I then tried other games and it seemed to be
wrecked. I went out and bought a new model and although it does run
warm it plays fine, though the game has glitches which can scare you
sometimes.>

First sorry this isn't quoted properly don't know what's up with my Outlook.
I had the same exact experience.

<I have since looked online and found that reseating the laser arm in
the old ps2 might help with the grinding, and sure enough that and a
little grease and it runs silent, but it gave a DRE on the very first
game I tried after a few minutes. I probably need to do some fine
adjusting to either the lasers or the small white wheel which have
both been pointed out as possible answers but nowadays I am so cack
handed I daredn't even start.>

I just checked mine one day and it was working again.
I quickly took it to gamestop and traded it in before it stopped working
again. I had my fingers crossed when the guy from the shop was testing it
thankfully it passed. I hope the person that bought it used didn't buy it
for San Andreas, if so they're in for a rude awakening at some point.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:

> I just checked mine one day and it was working again.
> I quickly took it to gamestop and traded it in before it stopped working
> again. I had my fingers crossed when the guy from the shop was testing it
> thankfully it passed. I hope the person that bought it used didn't buy it
> for San Andreas, if so they're in for a rude awakening at some point.

Oh cruel! :O) Hopefully they'll have some return on it so if it breaks
down quick they can take it back. You just never can tell with these
machines
--

Thomas Jefferson wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> G Hardy wrote:
> >
> > > How do you "tell them to wait here"? Obviously I am a very poor
> > > man-manager.
> >
> > Shoot them in the knees?
>
> >:O) You push down on the D pad if memory serves me right, then up for
> the come here... if not it's the other way round>
>
> This way is the correct way. Also hold down or up the d-pad for like 5
> mintutes to have the gang disperse.

Heck, I hope you meant seconds :O))

I'm going to screw around with it
> tonight using the recruit anyone cheat. Regular citizens should die from the
> fall off the bridge. Plus I can get to here women scream from the fall which
> I haven't heard yet from having cops and ganstas take the fall; yeah I know
> I'm sick.

I didn't even know there was such a cheat
--

I'm going to screw around with it
> tonight using the recruit anyone cheat. Regular citizens should die from
the
> fall off the bridge. Plus I can get to here women scream from the fall
which
> I haven't heard yet from having cops and ganstas take the fall; yeah I
know
> I'm sick.

<I didn't even know there was such a cheat>

Me either until last night when I went looking for a cheat I heard about
that makes the hotknife spawn. Gamefaqs had a bunch of good cheats I never
heard of, invisible cars, civilians are all fast food workers and
clowns(which is the cheat that spawns the hotknife), gang members fighting
each other instead of citizens, locked wanted level, all pedestrians are
Elvis, so much good stuff.

The recruit anyone cheat with rocket launchers is great. If one of them
insults you by saying you smell and you give a negative response look out if
they want to fight.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> I'm going to screw around with it
> > tonight using the recruit anyone cheat. Regular citizens should die from
> the
> > fall off the bridge. Plus I can get to here women scream from the fall
> which
> > I haven't heard yet from having cops and ganstas take the fall; yeah I
> know
> > I'm sick.
>
> <I didn't even know there was such a cheat>
>
> Me either until last night when I went looking for a cheat I heard about
> that makes the hotknife spawn. Gamefaqs had a bunch of good cheats I never
> heard of, invisible cars, civilians are all fast food workers and
> clowns(which is the cheat that spawns the hotknife), gang members fighting
> each other instead of citizens, locked wanted level, all pedestrians are
> Elvis, so much good stuff.
>
> The recruit anyone cheat with rocket launchers is great. If one of them
> insults you by saying you smell and you give a negative response look out if
> they want to fight.

:O) Great fun as long as it doesn't affect your saved game.
--

Paul Heslop schrieb:

> No, It was an older model and had been making that awful grinding
> noise. I ran SA in it for a little while but every day it got worse. I
> would take CJ into the changing rooms in shops and it would lock up
> grinding and rattling. I then tried other games and it seemed to be
> wrecked. I went out and bought a new model and although it does run
> warm it plays fine, though the game has glitches which can scare you
> sometimes.

Try HDAdvance. It's great, not only for GTA.
http://www.hdadvance.com

CU, Venty

Martin Ebnoether wrote:

> Paul Heslop schrieb:
>
> > No, It was an older model and had been making that awful grinding
> > noise. I ran SA in it for a little while but every day it got worse. I
> > would take CJ into the changing rooms in shops and it would lock up
> > grinding and rattling. I then tried other games and it seemed to be
> > wrecked. I went out and bought a new model and although it does run
> > warm it plays fine, though the game has glitches which can scare you
> > sometimes.
>
> Try HDAdvance. It's great, not only for GTA.
> http://www.hdadvance.com
>
> CU, Venty

Interesting... so that cuts out the need for a disk drive? Say I could
use the new machine to transfer to the HD then play them from the hd
on the old machine, that way dodging the read errors?

do you have one?
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

So its *your* fault my disabled and terminally ill little brother has a
faulty PS2 he bought ex-trade in at Gamestop!!!
Poor little mite cried himself to sleep eventually...........

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
> So its *your* fault my disabled and terminally ill little brother has a
> faulty PS2 he bought ex-trade in at Gamestop!!!
> Poor little mite cried himself to sleep eventually...........

I live to make the terminally ill cry. I go to hospitals with sick kids with
cancer dressed as a clown and flash them.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
> "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
>> So its *your* fault my disabled and terminally ill little brother
>> has a faulty PS2 he bought ex-trade in at Gamestop!!!
>> Poor little mite cried himself to sleep eventually...........
>
> I live to make the terminally ill cry. I go to hospitals with sick
> kids with cancer dressed as a clown and flash them.

You sick bastard!
Imagine taking sick kids to hospital, making them dress as clowns and then
blinding them.........

Paul Heslop schrieb:

>>Try HDAdvance. It's great, not only for GTA.
>>http://www.hdadvance.com
>>
>>CU, Venty
>

> Interesting... so that cuts out the need for a disk drive? Say I could
> use the new machine to transfer to the HD then play them from the hd
> on the old machine, that way dodging the read errors?

Well, of course you have to be able to load the HDAdvance CD or
DVD (both included) and to copy the Games to HD the PS2 needs to
be able to read them. You can of course copy the games on some
other PS2 and just take the HD with you.

But if your DVD-ROM is broken and cannot read ANY DVD anymore, of
course HDAdvance cannot be loaded too.

> do you have one?

I do have one, yes and it's great. No more swapping of
Game-Discs, almost no more waiting and no more grinding of the
laser optics in the drive. Would not want to give it away!

Alas, there are a few games which do not run from HD. I have Soul
Calibur 2 and Downhill Dominance which would not run.
(Okee, Soul Calibur does run here, but it's some cracked version
with a special loader for it. I do however own a legal copy of
the game!)

CU, Venty

Martin Ebnoether wrote:

> Paul Heslop schrieb:
>
> >>Try HDAdvance. It's great, not only for GTA.
> >>http://www.hdadvance.com
> >>
> >>CU, Venty
> >

> > Interesting... so that cuts out the need for a disk drive? Say I could
> > use the new machine to transfer to the HD then play them from the hd
> > on the old machine, that way dodging the read errors?
>
> Well, of course you have to be able to load the HDAdvance CD or
> DVD (both included) and to copy the Games to HD the PS2 needs to
> be able to read them. You can of course copy the games on some
> other PS2 and just take the HD with you.
>
> But if your DVD-ROM is broken and cannot read ANY DVD anymore, of
> course HDAdvance cannot be loaded too.
>
> > do you have one?
>
> I do have one, yes and it's great. No more swapping of
> Game-Discs, almost no more waiting and no more grinding of the
> laser optics in the drive. Would not want to give it away!
>
> Alas, there are a few games which do not run from HD. I have Soul
> Calibur 2 and Downhill Dominance which would not run.
> (Okee, Soul Calibur does run here, but it's some cracked version
> with a special loader for it. I do however own a legal copy of
> the game!)
>
> CU, Venty

well, thanks for the info, if I can't get this running who knows