Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

text message help

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 1:41:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I am using verizon with an LG VX6100, I need to transfer my text
messages to paper. I can not forward them to my email address and print
them, there has to be a way to do this? I need to print the ones that
are already on the phone, please help, this is for a custody battle for
my newborn and would really help my case if I could show the court the
messages I have to deal with from the ex. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :( 


--
perkins00
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181687.html

More about : text message

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 1:56:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I can't say i have much of a clue but i really wanna try to help you
out. You could maybe try using a Bit Pim cable i think thats what its
called but search around the site and try to find out about those a
little more. Can you not take the phone to court and show the judge
there?


--
glbbk20
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181687.html
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:30:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The p[roblem is I tried to froward them to the email account, I get a
message that says they can not be forwarded to email account because of
enhanced features? I can only save 15 messages on the phone and I am all
saved up. I keep getting them and each one gets worse, eventually some
need to get deleted to make room. Thanks for the help everyone, I am
going to look into the Bit Pim Cable. Do you think maybe the USB cable
would be able to transfer these? As long as I have the phone number
they came from and the time/day stamp I don't think I will have a
problem in court if I transfer them to an email, I have a meeting with
my lawyer next Wednesday so I'll see what he says about it. Thanks
again.


--
perkins00
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181687.html
Related resources
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:37:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hmm i thought the bit pim cable was something like a usb cable but i
hope that will work good luck in court


--
glbbk20
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181687.html
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:42:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

why cant you have your lawyer subpoena the info from verizon, make sure you
write down the date and time the message came in.


"perkins00" <perkins00.1s520y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
news:p erkins00.1s520y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
>
> I am using verizon with an LG VX6100, I need to transfer my text
> messages to paper. I can not forward them to my email address and print
> them, there has to be a way to do this? I need to print the ones that
> are already on the phone, please help, this is for a custody battle for
> my newborn and would really help my case if I could show the court the
> messages I have to deal with from the ex. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :( 
>
>
> --
> perkins00
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181687.html
>
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:55:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:41:27 -0500, perkins00
<perkins00.1s520y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>
>I am using verizon with an LG VX6100, I need to transfer my text
>messages to paper. I can not forward them to my email address and print
>them, there has to be a way to do this? I need to print the ones that
>are already on the phone, please help, this is for a custody battle for
>my newborn and would really help my case if I could show the court the
>messages I have to deal with from the ex. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :( 

I trust you say you can't forward them because you fear it will
contaminate the chain of evidence. If so, why not just forward them
to your regular e-mail account, print them, save the originals on the
phone, give the judge the printed copies, and offer to show him/her
the phone. If you have a lawyer, this is something they should be
helping you with.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:34:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:30:50 -0500, perkins00
<perkins00.1s54sy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>
>The p[roblem is I tried to froward them to the email account, I get a
>message that says they can not be forwarded to email account because of
>enhanced features? I can only save 15 messages on the phone and I am all
>saved up. I keep getting them and each one gets worse, eventually some
>need to get deleted to make room. Thanks for the help everyone, I am
>going to look into the Bit Pim Cable. Do you think maybe the USB cable
>would be able to transfer these? As long as I have the phone number
>they came from and the time/day stamp I don't think I will have a
>problem in court if I transfer them to an email, I have a meeting with
>my lawyer next Wednesday so I'll see what he says about it. Thanks
>again.

Then see if VZW can pull the messages up on their system, or give a
statement that confirms the information contained in your phone is a
true and accurate representation of the printed copies. You will
likely have to subpoena the person who gives any such statement. I
wouldn't tell them that when you ask for the statement, it might make
them reluctant to help. Generally, VZW can do such as this in the
presence of a court order or subpoena ducus tecum, but since its your
own account (right?), they should be able to do it simply on your
authorization. Or, ask the clerk of court about if a subpoena (for a
person) or subpoena ducus tecum (for records, in lieu of a person) can
be issued for your case. Also, Google for "[your state] Rules Civil
Procedure".
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 6:02:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:42:13 -0700, "Nathanls" <nathanls98 at gmail
dot com> wrote:

>why cant you have your lawyer subpoena the info from verizon, make sure you
>write down the date and time the message came in.

I got the feeling the OP is trying to handle this "pro se" (without
representation).
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:35:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Heres where you can download BitPim:
http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/
And you also need a data cable. Heres a few that I found on Froogle:
 fficial&sa=N&tab=wf" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=usb%20lg%20vx6100%2...
But BitPim (at least in my experiences) is unstable and buggy. It
works about 60% of the time. If it works, it's supposed to let you
load sent and recieved texts, address book, photos, callender, etc.
Or maybe if Verizon can't/won't get the information off their
computers, you could see if they can load if off your phone and print
it out for you.
July 15, 2005 5:17:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

If the messages are PHYSICALLY threatening to anyone, OR serve no legitimate
purpose other than to harass you, that is considered "Aggravated Harassment
2nd Degree" where I live (N.Y.) You could stop down at your local PD with
the phone, point out the harassing messages, and sign charges for the above.
You could conceivably do that each time a harassing message is received.
It's an electronically transmitted message, just like a phone call.

May not make you too popular at the precinct (because they hate being used
as recording secretaries in divorce/custody cases) but it may help get your
point across.

To quote the law (yours may be different):

".....with intent to harass, annoy, threaten, or alarm another person, he or
she: 1. Communicates, or causes a communication to be initiated by
mechanical or electronic means or otherwise, with a person, anonymously or
otherwise, by telephone, or by telegraph, mail or any form of written
communication, in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm...."

Don't know the exact nature of the text-harassment, but it might fit.....

HTH,
Dean

@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message
news:p erkins00.1s520y@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
>
> I am using verizon with an LG VX6100, I need to transfer my text
> messages to paper. I can not forward them to my email address and print
> them, there has to be a way to do this? I need to print the ones that
> are already on the phone, please help, this is for a custody battle for
> my newborn and would really help my case if I could show the court the
> messages I have to deal with from the ex. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :( 
>
>
> --
> perkins00
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
> View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181687.html
>
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:09:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

glbbk20 <glbbk20.1s52py@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> spewed:
> I can't say i have much of a clue but i really wanna try to help you
> out. You could maybe try using a Bit Pim cable i think thats what its
> called but search around the site and try to find out about those a
> little more. Can you not take the phone to court and show the judge
> there?

BitPim doesn't yet support SMS message data for that phone.

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:12:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

DJ Craig <spit@djtricities.com> spewed:
> But BitPim (at least in my experiences) is unstable and buggy. It
> works about 60% of the time. If it works, it's supposed to let you
> load sent and recieved texts, address book, photos, callender, etc.

It has worked great for me... although it probably depends much on which
phone you are using, and what features are supported for it. I also have
the LG VX6100 - and the transfer functions for the camera and ringers work
great, but the SMS isn't there yet. People get upset without reading the
documentation... some phones have more features supported than others, and
as it is with most free programs - you should just appreciate what you get.
The continued work on BitPim is a great service to many people. :-)

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 9:20:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

A low-tech way might be to just borrow a digital camera and take a photo of
the screen. This would be sufficient for evidence, I would think. Make
sure you take photos of each page, if you have to scroll down to see the
whole message.
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 4:56:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Thank you all for the information and ideas, thay are really helping me
out. I will have representation, I have a meeting Wednesday to discuss
this in depth with the lawyer. The messages are being sent to alarm me
that she will take off out of state with the child, and asking " how is
it going to feel to have someone else raising my child?" etc... Mostly
harrassing me, I guess she is trying to push some buttons. I want to be
able to show the mental instability of her. I like the digital camera
idea, but I am not sure that will hold up, it just seems like to long
of a trail where they would accuse me of tampering with the evidence. I
have been saving the messages to the saved folder on the phone, however,
it only allows me to save 15 messages, and they come in every day so I
am already filled up. If the bitpim is unstable I would hope I don't
mess something up and delete these messages or clear my phone by
mistake. Verizon told me that I could get the subpeona, however, it
would only show that messages were received and give the time and date,
the actually verbage would not be able to be seen. I am in NJ so I will
have to check into the local laws regarding harrasment, but that one
seems like it would apply in most states. Thanks again for the info, I
really appreciate it.


--
perkins00
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cell Phone Forums: http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t181687.html
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 6:45:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:56:43 -0500, perkins00
<perkins00.1s90dy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>Verizon told me that I could get the subpeona, however, it
>would only show that messages were received and give the time and date,
>the actually verbage would not be able to be seen.

As this is likely a civil case, you only need to prove your case by a
preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt as ina
criminal case. VZW's records together with printed copies of the
e-mails and photographs of the e-mail text on the phone's screen (with
the matching date/time stamps) would certainly help to tip the scales
to your side.
!