Sign in with
Your question

WINDOWS 7 WIRELESS LAPTOP

Last response: in Windows 7
November 10, 2010 1:49:53 PM

Hello,
My wireless laptop will not stay connected. I'm running Windows 7 and from the forums, a lot of people share this problem. I added an ad hoc network. It sill doesn't work. HELP!
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2010 2:37:29 PM

It's a bit complicated, so if you are not really familiar with jogging programs around, you might need help from a more experienced person, or a lot of patience...

Inside the laptop, windows 7 has its own wireless software. BUT also because of the wireless hardware manufacturer, there is a second wireless software program.
Which one is configured and running? or trying to run?

Or did you load the software for USB wireless adapter, such as Verizon, etc...?
Now you might have three wireless software programs running all at once.
m
l
November 10, 2010 2:47:32 PM

soundguruman said:
It's a bit complicated, so if you are not really familiar with jogging programs around, you might need help from a more experienced person, or a lot of patience...

Inside the laptop, windows 7 has its own wireless software. BUT also because of the wireless hardware manufacturer, there is a second wireless software program.
Which one is configured and running? or trying to run?

Or did you load the software for USB wireless adapter, such as Verizon, etc...?
Now you might have three wireless software programs running all at once.

I am using Bresnan Communications modem, so no. I have been working on this problem for months, so I guess I do have patience. I am learning, though! :-)

I have two wireless trying to run. One is an Atheros wireless software and HP had me go through and create a Ad Hoc network with a SSID name. That was supposed to fix it, as well. I'm still having to be plugged in. The SSID network tells me that it's "ready for users" but doesn't connect. Thank you for any help with this! I really do appreciate it.
m
l
a b F Wireless
a c 354 $ Windows 7
a c 206 D Laptop
November 10, 2010 8:20:10 PM

As Hoc network won't fix anything, what it does is enable you to network your laptop with random equipment also running the same configuration. How is your WiFi network setup, router, etc...

Does the laptop drop off soon as you connect to the router or does it never even connect? Does it disconnect randomly? How far from the router is the laptop? Does it only drop when you start to move away?
m
l
Related resources
!