IBM Case Fan - Rubber Stud Fasteners?

Hi All,

I need to replace the "92mm main case fan" on a IBM PC 300PL. Model
type is the 6594-80U. PC3 1.0ghz CPU upgraded from 600.

Specs:
92mm x 25mm, CFM 54.0, 12V DC.

Details:
This unit is shrouded to force air back to the P3 CPU heatsink which
has it's own fan, but IBM manual says it is not used...?? It does
function though when connected.

Questions:
The fan I am replacing is mounted with rubber studs which I imagine
were originally just pulled through. Are these studs a common item? I
can find a replacement fan and some that come with grommets. It does
not seem like the original studs can be removed without damage.

Any idea where to get these rubber studs rather than use screw/bolts?

Also, any links to fan suppliers would be appreciated.

Thx, Keith
1 answer Last reply
More about case rubber stud fasteners

    CalKeith wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need to replace the "92mm main case fan" on a IBM PC 300PL. Model
    > type is the 6594-80U. PC3 1.0ghz CPU upgraded from 600.
    >
    > Specs:
    > 92mm x 25mm, CFM 54.0, 12V DC.
    >
    > Details:
    > This unit is shrouded to force air back to the P3 CPU heatsink which
    > has it's own fan, but IBM manual says it is not used...?? It does
    > function though when connected.
    >
    > Questions:
    > The fan I am replacing is mounted with rubber studs which I imagine
    > were originally just pulled through. Are these studs a common item? I
    > can find a replacement fan and some that come with grommets. It does
    > not seem like the original studs can be removed without damage.
    >
    > Any idea where to get these rubber studs rather than use screw/bolts?
    >
    > Also, any links to fan suppliers would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thx, Keith

    With some luck you can pull out the rubber stub without too much damage,
    at least for using a second time. Use a tool to prize the rubber closer
    to the holes while pulling the stubs out.

CPUs Cases Fan IBM