No wonder A64's just dropped in price!

Microsoft Pushes 64-Bit Windows To 2005!

:( ?
:) ?
5 answers Last reply
More about dropped price

    Ed wrote:
    > Microsoft Pushes 64-Bit Windows To 2005!

    Microsoft should've just released the Windows with whatever drivers are
    already available (and there's quite a few already). There's nothing like a
    shipping OS to get people to hurry up with their device driver code.

    Actually, I'm not sure why Microsoft didn't just create a 32-bit driver
    thunking layer, if device drivers are so hard to come by?

    Yousuf Khan

    Ed wrote:
    > Microsoft Pushes 64-Bit Windows To 2005!
    >
    > :( ?
    > :) ?

    Link?

    --
    Derek

    Derek Baker wrote:
    > Ed wrote:
    >> Microsoft Pushes 64-Bit Windows To 2005!
    >>
    >> :( ?
    >> :) ?
    >
    > Link?

    Never mind:
    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/windows/0,39020396,39161897,00.htm

    --
    Derek

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:41:00 +0100, "Derek Baker"
    <me@derekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

    >> Link?
    >
    >Never mind:
    >http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/windows/0,39020396,39161897,00.htm

    I find a lot of tech news here, updated often.
    http://www.newshub.com/tech/

    Anyone else have a good tech news site?
    Ed

    On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:41:00 +0000, Yousuf Khan wrote:

    > Ed wrote:
    >> Microsoft Pushes 64-Bit Windows To 2005!
    >
    > Microsoft should've just released the Windows with whatever drivers are
    > already available (and there's quite a few already). There's nothing
    > like a shipping OS to get people to hurry up with their device driver
    > code.

    Especially seeing that it will be an OEM only release. That way the OEM
    makes sure the drivers are available and work.

    There must be more to it than just drivers. It seems the XP SP2 delay has
    delayed the 2003 SP1 release which in turn has delayed the 2003 Server for
    extended 64bit which in turn has delayed XP for extended 64bit and so on
    and so on.

    MS seems to be getting more and more bogged down in delays and can't seem
    to shake it. XP SP2 almost seems like it has crippled the company.

    Cheers
    Anton

CPUs Hardware Microsoft IBM