Sign in with
Your question

How to always allow a program in UAC?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 10, 2010 2:01:08 PM

I have a certain program (MSI Afterburner) that I would like to autostart for all users on a Windows 7 machine, however the UAC kicks in and wants the administrator password.

Since other family members should use this machine I would like the process to start without UAC, otherwise I would like the UAC running, so no option to disable it all together. Is it possible to make one program "always allowed" in the UAC?

More about : program uac

a b $ Windows 7
November 11, 2010 3:47:20 PM

Hello ricno;

Check out this method of using Task Scheduler's elevated privilege option to bypass UAC checks.
Create Shortcuts For Trusted Programs To Bypass Windows 7 UAC Check
Creating a task to run your program and dropping it into the Start folder or a batch file for starting games should do the trick.
m
l
November 11, 2010 7:12:42 PM

Hello WR2,

and thanks for your help back in the summer with the computer build.

WR2 said:

Check out this method of using Task Scheduler's elevated privilege option to bypass UAC checks.

That looks interesting, I shall check the solution out. Clever to use the Task Scheduler to bypass the UAC.
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2010 2:27:48 PM

If that don't work you can always turn it off from user accounts in the control panel. Good luck.
m
l
March 4, 2013 9:09:28 PM

assass3n1 said:
If that don't work you can always turn it off from user accounts in the control panel. Good luck.

Answers like this are so prevalent. By reading you can see he already said he did NOT want to turn it off completely. Not that your answer wasn't pointless. Odd that you took the time to "help" without taking the couple seconds to think about the situation you were taking time out to try and resolve.
m
l
!