4.0Ghz P4 delayed

Actually this sort of took me by surprise, I wasn't even aware that they
were expecting 4.0Ghz P4's so soon. I guess I was assuming that with all of
the Prescott problems that they were just busy sorting those out before they
try for any speed records. I guess that's exactly what happened.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mymod/hdln/rc/sty/*http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&e=3&u=/nm/20040729/tc_nm/tech_intel_delay_dc

Also there is talk that even 3.6Ghz P4's aren't really available, Dell has
taken 3.6Ghz off of their configuration options.

Yousuf Khan

--
Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
Spambots: just reply to this email address ;-)

rush

"Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@ezrs.com> wrote :

> Also there is talk that even 3.6Ghz P4's aren't really available,
> Dell has taken 3.6Ghz off of their configuration options.

Intel spokesman said that 4GHz was "too good for our customers at that
time" :)

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

Ed

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:11:05 GMT, "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@ezrs.com> wrote:

>Actually this sort of took me by surprise, I wasn't even aware that they
>were expecting 4.0Ghz P4's so soon. I guess I was assuming that with all of
>the Prescott problems that they were just busy sorting those out before they
>try for any speed records. I guess that's exactly what happened.
>
>http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mymod/hdln/rc/sty/*http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&e=3&u=/nm/20040729/tc_nm/tech_intel_delay_dc
>
>Also there is talk that even 3.6Ghz P4's aren't really available, Dell has
>taken 3.6Ghz off of their configuration options.
>
> Yousuf Khan

Last I read you can configure a dell (dimension? series) with a 3.6 but
you'll have to wait 45 days.
Ed

Having escaped, in tact, from the Democratic Convention, Ed <nomail@hotmail.com> inked:

>Last I read you can configure a dell (dimension? series) with a 3.6 but
>you'll have to wait 45 days.

When NO ONE on pricewatch is offering them, you know they're vaporware.

--

The truth is out there,

but it's not interesting enough for most people.

Ed

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:27:47 GMT, Never anonymous Bud <newskat@katxyzkave.net> wrote:

>Having escaped, in tact, from the Democratic Convention, Ed <nomail@hotmail.com> inked:
>
>>Last I read you can configure a dell (dimension? series) with a 3.6 but
>>you'll have to wait 45 days.
>
>When NO ONE on pricewatch is offering them, you know they're vaporware.

I found some Xeons 3.6GHz on pricewatch, does that count? ;p
http://castle.pricewatch.com/search/search.idq?&CiBookMark=N-3d4bc40-29d212-1&cr=3.6GHz&qc=%223.6GHZ%22%2A&CiBookmarkSkipCount=15&r=15

Ed