AnandTech makes friends with latest review!

jack wrote:
> Derek Baker <me@derekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> : http://www.anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2158&p=1
> :
> : Read the comments.
>
> Yawn. The usual boring dribble coming from Anand. Sorta comparing
> apples to oranges, isn't it? Maybe this lamer should team up with
> Tom [aka Tom Pabst at Toms Hardware Guide] as they are simply unable
> to do "good science."

My problem with this review is that they compared highest level Xeon (which is
a processor designed to run in servers and has planty of cache) with AMD64 2500+
which is a PC processor that cost 600$ less. Why did they not compare
Xeon with the Opteron that has comparable amount of cache?
That would make a lot more sence from all points of view.

Regards,
Evgenij

*science&fiction*free programs*fine art*phylosophy:
http://sudy_zhenja.tripod.com
----------remove hate_spam to answer--------------

Scott

"jack" <jack@ibm.com> wrote in message news:2npm49F3ba3uU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Derek Baker <me@derekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> : http://www.anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2158&p=1
> :
> : Read the comments.
>
> Yawn. The usual boring dribble coming from Anand. Sorta comparing
> apples to oranges, isn't it? Maybe this lamer should team up with
> Tom [aka Tom Pabst at Toms Hardware Guide] as they are simply unable
> to do "good science."
>
> J.

:) My sentiments exactly. To me, they are a boring babble.................