Voicemail but no missed call?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 14, 2005 7:32:12 PM

Why does this happen? Tower issue or phone?

TIA.

More about : voicemail missed call

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:15:10 PM

Janie Collins wrote:
> Why does this happen? Tower issue or phone?

If you turn your phone off you will get voice mail but
no missed calls. Same if you have no signal.

-Quick
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:36:53 PM

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> Why does this happen? Tower issue or phone?
>
> TIA.

Actually any overload condition, failure or bobble between the calling party
and your cell phone can be the cause.
July 14, 2005 11:02:36 PM

That happened to me a lot a few months ago. Verizon had the techs check
whatever they check then called to tell me I was less than 2 miles from 2
towers and it must be the phone. I watched closely and the bars on the
phone were constantly moving up and down and it often went to no service. I
did a "new every 2" and it happens much, much less, now. Almost rarely, in
fact.

PoD

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> Why does this happen? Tower issue or phone?
>
> TIA.

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:59:53 PM

Paul of Dayton wrote:
> Verizon had the techs check whatever they check then called to tell me
> I was less than 2 miles from 2 towers and it must be the phone.

If those two towers were in contention they could have been the cause. The
closest is not necessarily the strongest as obstructions count for a lot.

Also my gut feeling is that new incoming calls are on the bottom of the
priority list when traffic is strained.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:07:39 PM

Janie Collins <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> spewed:
> Why does this happen? Tower issue or phone?
>
> TIA.

There is also a chance that someone just replied to a message that you left
them - which would deliver that return message directly to your voice mail
box without ringing your phone. Also, if you are checking your own voice
mail, there is an option to send a message to any other verizon user. So,
perhaps someone just chose to directly send a message to you, rather than to
actually attempt to talk to you "live" heh...

--
Visit My Site: http://www.rubbertoe.com
Anonymous

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:15:10 GMT, "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>Janie Collins wrote:
>> Why does this happen? Tower issue or phone?
>
>If you turn your phone off you will get voice mail but
>no missed calls. Same if you have no signal.

Or if the tower has "lost track" of your phone.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"n the old days we didn't recognize the danger of carbohydrates. We
believed that the reason you got fat was from eating 'calories,' which are
tiny units of measurement that cause food to taste good. When we wanted to
lose weight, we went on low-calorie diets in which we ate only inedible
foods such as celery, which is actually a building material, and
grapefruit, which is nutritious, but offers the same level of culinary
satisfaction as chewing on an Odor Eater." - Dave Barry
!