Motorola V710 Internal Antenna not working

Last response: in Network Providers
July 14, 2005 2:18:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I bought a roof (magnetic) mount external antenna for use in my car for the
V710. After a couple weeks of use my internal antenna no longer works on
the phone. The external antenna works fine. I brought the phone to my
local Verizon Store, they uploaded new software to the phone but the problem
still persists. They agree the problem is with the phone but Verizon does
not have any V710 phones in their distribution network to exchange the phone
with. They said for me to check back in in a couple of weeks. In the
meantime to use the phone I need to keep the external antenna hooked up.
It's OK when I'm at work, in the car, or at home but a big pain when I'm
walking around. Maybe I can get a metal hat and mount the antenna on top.

Has anyone else had a problem with the internal antenna not working, any
fixes, any alternatives?

Thanks,
Pete Rissler
http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/
http://www.tccycling.com
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 7:46:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I had a V60 that had this same problem, turns out that the adapter broke
something inside the phone. They fixed it but broke again in two weeks.
The company who sold the adaptor sent out a "fix" for the problem. It had a
piece of Velcro to hold the wire close to the phone. Since then I haven't
dare to try in with my V810 or my V710. The adaptor I bought for both of
these models had the Velcro solution and I did not like that.

"Pete Rissler" <peter_rissler@rissler.reno.nv.us> wrote in message
>I bought a roof (magnetic) mount external antenna for use in my car for the
>V710. After a couple weeks of use my internal antenna no longer works on
>the phone. The external antenna works fine. I brought the phone to my
>local Verizon Store, they uploaded new software to the phone but the
>problem still persists. They agree the problem is with the phone but
>Verizon does not have any V710 phones in their distribution network to
>exchange the phone with. They said for me to check back in in a couple of
>weeks. In the meantime to use the phone I need to keep the external
>antenna hooked up. It's OK when I'm at work, in the car, or at home but a
>big pain when I'm walking around. Maybe I can get a metal hat and mount
>the antenna on top.
>
> Has anyone else had a problem with the internal antenna not working, any
> fixes, any alternatives?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete Rissler
> http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/
> http://www.tccycling.com

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 8:31:08 PM

Pete Rissler wrote:
> I bought a roof (magnetic) mount external antenna for use in my car for the
> V710. After a couple weeks of use my internal antenna no longer works on
> the phone. The external antenna works fine. I brought the phone to my
> local Verizon Store, they uploaded new software to the phone but the problem
> still persists. They agree the problem is with the phone but Verizon does
> not have any V710 phones in their distribution network to exchange the phone
> with.

Another world class product from the Motorola Gang that's making news:

"An ex-Motorola Corp. employee was arrested Sunday at Midway Airport
for threatening a former supervisor from more than 2,000 miles away,
the FBI said.

D'Souza used the Internet to find the victim's Chicago phone number and
made the initial call on June 7 to ask her if she could get him a job
at her company, the FBI said. The woman told D'Souza no positions were
available and not to call her at home, the FBI said."

Well Moforola seems to be ADVERTISING a lot of openings, JG
!