Asrock w/ Celeron "D" 2.4ghz/533FSB only shows 133bus in B..

I have messed with my BIOS settings but the clock speed is "locked"
according to the menu. When I run the Belarc advisor (www.belarc.com)
is only shows the bus as 133mhz. Should it not read "533mhz"?

Basically how do you know for sure your CPU is running @ 533mhz?

thx in advance....Scott
6 answers Last reply
More about asrock celeron 4ghz 533fsb shows 133bus

    theruckman@yahoo.com (Ruckman) wrote :

    > I have messed with my BIOS settings but the clock speed is "locked"
    > according to the menu. When I run the Belarc advisor (www.belarc.com)
    > is only shows the bus as 133mhz. Should it not read "533mhz"?

    what 533mhz ? are you one of those poor fools with Intel marketing
    departament version in your head ? oh, soory, they LAID to you :)

    > Basically how do you know for sure your CPU is running @ 533mhz?

    you dont, becouse there is no 533mhz, there is only 133mhz

    Pozdrawiam.
    --
    RusH //
    http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

    RusH wrote:

    > theruckman@yahoo.com (Ruckman) wrote :
    >
    > > I have messed with my BIOS settings but the clock speed is "locked"
    > > according to the menu. When I run the Belarc advisor (www.belarc.com)
    > > is only shows the bus as 133mhz. Should it not read "533mhz"?
    >
    > what 533mhz ? are you one of those poor fools with Intel marketing
    > departament version in your head ? oh, soory, they LAID to you :)
    >
    > > Basically how do you know for sure your CPU is running @ 533mhz?
    >
    > you dont, becouse there is no 533mhz, there is only 133mhz

    But if the bus takes passengers four times each round trip, it may seem
    like 533 MHz.

    Johannes H Andersen <johs@wsrexaoxazxsizefitterwozeoarrxzx.com>
    wrote :

    >> they LAID to you :)

    .... lied lied lied ...
    I will learn someday :)

    > But if the bus takes passengers four times each round trip, it may
    > seem like 533 MHz.

    it may seem like Celeron "D" is a good processor, but it isn't

    Pozdrawiam.
    --
    RusH //
    http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019

    My MB can handle P4 800FSB so if I get a 2.8ghz/800FSB will it read
    "800" then?
    Can you give me a link or something for your info? Really stupid if
    they put 533 on the actual package, how can they get away with that?
    RusH <logistyka1@pf.pl> wrote in message news:<Xns954D4711274ERusHcomputersystems@193.110.122.97>...
    > Johannes H Andersen <johs@wsrexaoxazxsizefitterwozeoarrxzx.com>
    > wrote :
    >
    > >> they LAID to you :)
    >
    > ... lied lied lied ...
    > I will learn someday :)
    >
    > > But if the bus takes passengers four times each round trip, it may
    > > seem like 533 MHz.
    >
    > it may seem like Celeron "D" is a good processor, but it isn't
    >

    > Pozdrawiam.

    theruckman@yahoo.com (Ruckman) wrote :

    > My MB can handle P4 800FSB so if I get a 2.8ghz/800FSB will it read
    > "800" then?

    200MHz

    > Can you give me a link or something for your info? Really stupid if
    > they put 533 on the actual package, how can they get away with that?

    They (Intel) call it a QDR, quad data rate.

    Pozdrawiam.
    --

    On 22 Aug 2004 12:03:00 -0700, theruckman@yahoo.com (Ruckman) wrote:
    >My MB can handle P4 800FSB so if I get a 2.8ghz/800FSB will it read
    >"800" then?

    Nope, 200MHz, which is the actually clock frequency in an 800MT/s bus
    speed P4.

    >Can you give me a link or something for your info?

    Here ya go:

    ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pentium4/datashts/30235101.pdf

    Ok, maybe a bit wordy for what you were looking for, but in particular
    look for the differences between the BCLK and FSB frequency. Also
    this little blurb from the introduction:

    <quoting>
    "The processor’s Intel NetBurst microarchitecture FSB uses a
    split-transaction, deferred reply protocol like the Pentium 4
    processor. The Intel NetBurst microarchitecture FSB uses Source-
    Synchronous Transfer (SST) of address and data to improve performance
    by transferring data four times per bus clock (4X data transfer rate,
    as in AGP 4X). Along with the 4X data bus, the address bus can deliver
    addresses two times per bus clock and is referred to as a
    "double-clocked" or 2X address bus. Working together, the 4X data bus
    and 2X address bus provide a data bus bandwidth of up to 6.4 GB/s"
    <end quote>

    What they do with the P4 bus is actually the same thing as what is
    done for AGP4x mode. First off there are two separate signals being
    sent over the same pins, each being offset 90 degrees from one
    another. Then they send data using both the rising and falling edge
    of the clock cycle on each of those signals. The end result is that
    with a 200MHz clock you are transferring 4 bits of data on each pin
    and for each clock. The result is 800M transfers/second (ie the
    800MT/s mentioned above) using a 200MHz bus.

    > Really stupid if
    >they put 533 on the actual package, how can they get away with that?

    How does Intel get away with this? Well they're only stretching the
    definition of "MHz" by a small amount and everyone else in the
    industry does the same thing (AMD's "200MHz" to "400MHz" bus on their
    Athlon/AthlonXP processors actually run at 100MHz and 200MHz
    respectively but sending data on both rising and falling edges of the
    clock to get 200MT/s and 400MT/s). Compared to the sins that
    marketing departments usually get away with, this one is a rather
    small deal.

    Tony Hill

CPUs